Thirty Two

Jack's POV

-- Two Months Later--

"Really?" Sophia snapped, facing Mark with an annoyed expression.

"No, I'm fucking kidding" he replied.

"Sorry, Soph, but I'm with Mark on this one. We've got enough gas now.. and Rob is fine, Nate's getting better, it's the perfect time" I replied, looking down at her. She shakes her head, and looks at Nate.

"You can barely walk, you wanna leave, just so we can get stranded without shelter or gas?" She snapped. Nate shrugged.

"I'm honestly with Sophia. Nate and Rob are just getting better, we shouldn't leave" Mat says.

"Well, Felix, Matt and Ryan, what should we do?" Mark asks.

"We should go" Ryan says.

"I agree" Matt says, grabbing his hand.

"Yea, it's better. That way that group will stop looking for us, and we'll be safer" Felix puts in, crossing his arms. Sophia shakes her head.

"Whatever. Let's just fucking go" she snaps, angry written all over her face. Mat has the same expression. I sighed, and felt her yank her hand out from mine. I felt bad for not siding with her, but we honestly needed to leave.

"Alright, everyone go back your bags" Mark says. Sophia walked over to our room at a fast pace. I sighed, and followed.

"I'm sorry, ok? I just think we need to-"

"Save it. I don't care" she snaps, grabbing all her clothes and stuffing them in a bag.

"Well, I don't want you to be mad at me"

"I'm not" she says, flashing me a fake smile.

"Liar" I snapped, and grabbed my things into the bag.

"Just pack, ok? I don't wanna talk about it" she snaps back, and swings her bag strap over her shoulder.

"Whatever.." I muttered, and hurried so I could catch up and talk to her alone. She walked out. I sighed, and finished up.

I looked up, and darted under the bed. I felt around until I felt the small box. I took it out, and stuffed it under all my clothes.

I wanted to propose, but I've been terrified. And, I wanted to wait for the right time. And the fact it's the apocalypse...

I had gotten the first ring off a female rotter. It was a gold band with a diamond on it. The second was on another girl, but it was just a gold band.

I sighed, and ran out.

"Ready?" Mark asks. I nodded, and followed Sophia out.

Me and Sophia jumped in the front, putting our bags on the side. Nobody joined us, so I started to drive.

"Why'd you hafta agree?" She asks, looking out the window.

"Because, I thought it'd be best" I replied, focusing on the road.

"It's not. Now, we're going to get stranded, no gas, no shelter, no nothing" she says. I sighed, and gripped her hand. To my surprise, she didn't fight back.

"I'm sorry... look, I.." I didn't even bother to continue. I had no words.

"It's fine, Jack..." she says, and leans onto me. I smiled, and took a turn.

"Ya know, I really do love you..." I randomly said. She smiled.

"I love you too" she says, and closes her eyes. "I love you a lot" she adds. I smiled, and leaned down, and kissed the top of her head.

---

I leaned my head on the pillow, wrapping my arms around Sophia's waist.

We were currently in the back of the truck, cramped by Nate and Mat. Rob was on guard, sitting ontop of the truck. We were silently facing each other, eyes closed, and about to fall asleep.

I sighed, and felt her push her face into my neck, and I let out an airy laugh.

"Night.." I mummerd.