Seventy Three

"Uh.... They're for Hunter," I tried, but he shook his head.

"You don't think I know when you're lying by now?" He asked, crossing his arms. I felt myself about to loose it. I sniffed, and looked away.

"I was depressed as fuck, a-and tired, and I couldn't deal with people seeing me like that..."

"So you talk to me, you don't steal pills, and take about the whole damn bottle."

"I-I'm sorry, Jack. It was over a few weeks of time, so it's not like I took the whole bottle in one day..." I mumbled. I backed away, waiting for a slap in the face.

"I just don't understand how I'm not enough. No matter how much I try to be happy, no matter how much energy I put into making you happy, you're not..." my eyes snapped back to him. "Look what I've driven you to. You cut not that long ago, you took pills to make yourself happy, and you're more distant from me then ever." I felt tears falling from my eyes.

"This is my fault. I fucked up everything.." I mumbled. I grabbed for the door. Jack walked up, and placed his hands on my cheeks.

"I love you, Sophia.. do not fucking take these again, if you feel depressed come to me. I don't want to see you hurt." Even though I heard him, I couldn't stop myself from trembling. I pulled away, and ran outside.

I bolted for where Mark was, and walked inside.

"Oh, hello Sophi-"

"Don't let Jack come in," I tell her briskly, and walked into Mark's room.

I looked at him.

An IV was in his arm, and his shirt was off. A long bandage wrapped around his waist.

"Mark..." I whispered. I grabbed his hand, and held it. "Oh Mark, this is all my damn fault.." I rubbed his hand gently.

Jack's POV

I walked in, and say Yolyne.

"Is Sophia here?" She nodded, and I started for Marks room.

"She requested for me to not let you in.. is everything alright?"

"If I can go in there, it will be." She nods, and looks away.

I walked in.

And Mark was awake.

"Mark?" I whispered. Sophia hugged me. "You're awake?"

"I'm not sure what happened... where's Wade?" He asks. "We were doing shit around the house..."

"H-he doesn't remember anything. He doesn't remember being with Felix.. he doesn't remember.." she looked up at me. "He doesn't remember me..."

"Mark? You don't remember Sophia? My wife?" He looked at her, and laughed.

"She's like, fifteen, Jack. We both know you can't marry her. She's underage."

"Mark, we had a kid. Hunter? You watched him for us before.."

"Jesus, Jack. What if people find out you fucked-"

"Everyone knows."

"So why aren't you in jail?"

"Because it's the apocalypse, damn it, Mark. I'd take you to go look, but you're shot." He was silent. I could feel Sophia trembling as I held her. "Wade is dead. Bob, Matt, Ryan, Matpat, Dan, Phil, and a few others."

"H-how?"

"Rotters, damnit. And yo-"

"You tried saving them. You tried saving a lot of people, including my sister," Sophia cuts me off. I looked down. She shook her head. "But, Mark, I get that you don't remember me.. I'm not too important anyways.." she mumbled, and started for the door.

"Everyone's lives matter. And-"

"And I used to believe that." And she left. I groaned.

"I'll get Yolyne to come in. I'll go after her."

"Who's Yolyne?"

"Our... doctor thing.. yea, I'll be back," I say, and walked outside.