Ten

Nobody dared to move as Mark grabbed me around the throat. He started to put pressure on a curtain part of my neck, cutting off my air stream. I gasped, and grabbed at his hands.

"Mark!" Jack screamed, running over. My face felt like it was stuck to my face, which felt weird.

"St-stop." I stuttered out, and felt him grip tighter.

Soon, his grip loosened, and Jack was holding me. I gasped in greedy gulps of air, trying not to scream.

"What the hell?!" Wade yelled. I leaned against Jack, trying my best not to cry. "Mark, you're not like this, why the hell are you so angry in these past few weeks?"

"Shut up... Wade, shut the fuck up.." he trailed off. He stormed upstairs, leaving all of us in an awkward silence.

"Sophia, I don't know what's gotten into him." Wade ran a hand through his hair.

A zombie appeared to be banging on the door. I walked up, and peeked into the peephole. Sure enough, one was there.

I pulled up my knife, and readied it.

I opened the door and it hesitated, like it couldn't believe someone opened it.

I went to plunge the knife it when it grabbed my hand and said, "wait."

Now, I know these things can't talk. So I pulled away, and looked at Jack as it stepped in.

It took off a jacket, revealing clean clothes under. His hair had mud in it, as well as his face.

"R-RobertIDK?" I questioned. His face lit up when he saw Jack.

"Heh. That'd be me." He giggled. My mouth hung open.

"Who?" Mark stated, coming downstairs. All our attention turned to him. His face showed no anger- actually, he showed no emotion at all.

"I'm Robert. Rob for short." He said, sticking out his hand. Mark shook it, and backed away. I saw his left hand reaching for his gun. My eyes widened in fear.

"I uh... heard voices and came up here." He yawned. He looked so tired..

"Hey, uh, we have extra room if you wanna sleep." Jack said. Gratitude shown in his eyes.

"That'd be great.." he trailed off.

"Also, if you want a shower, go easy on the hot water." Wade chuckled as his eyes grew.

"H-hot water?" He stammered. I nodded, and motioned for him to follow me. I noticed Mark had his hand on his gun, looking ready to pull and shoot at any second.

Me, Robert, and Jack walked down a hallway to the shower room.

"And in that hallway, to your left, is a bunch of blankets and pillows. We uh.. have a cot in that way.." Jack pointed in the directions he told. Robert nodded.

"Hey uh.. I'm going to mention this now.. I saw Felix and someone being captured. There's two guys trying to help them. Nate and Matthew, I think their names were." He yawned again, and headed to the showers, leaving both me and Jack in shock. I knew who he meant.

Mattpat and Natewantstobattle were alive.