Fifty Four

Jack holding me made me feel a little better.

Eventually, Dan and Phil had came out of the building. Phil had given me a questioning look as Jack and me walked outside. I shook my head, and laid my head in Jacks chest once again.

"Ok.. this is Darryn. Him and his group are staying with us now-" Dan started, but Nate cut him off.

"No. They can't," he called out. Mat must have told him what happened.

My eyes met Marks. Someone in this group betrayed us. But who? Was it Mark? He was the one who told me to go in there in the first place. Nah, I trust Mark, it couldn't be him.

'You worthless whore!'

The words stung more then they should have.

"J-Jack?" I stuttered his name. He looked down. He still didn't know what happened. Unlike Mark, he didn't demand information.

"What is it, baby?" He asks. "What happened in there..?" I took a deep breath, and heard Dan and Nate argue.

"M-my old boyfriend is part of their group. He was a-abusive.. he never raped me, and obviously we never had sex, but he physically hurt me. An-and he t-touched me... today.. and I feel horrible because of it..  and he called me a worthless whore, and brought up a huge mistake I made in the past.." I was hugging him really tightly now, not wanting to let go. Like, if I let go, Jack would disappear.

"Oh my fucking god.. I'm going to kill him.. in the most horrible, and fucked up way, I swear to fucking god." he looked down at me. "I don't want you to fucking worry. He won't be around after today.. I hafta ask tough... what was the huge mistake?" Tears ran down my eyes, even faster then before. I looked up into his innocent blue eyes, and buried my head into his blue jacket.

"I-I.. with him.. while I was in the relationship... would.. c-c-cut..." I trailed off, a sob escaping my chest. He nods, and reaches in my pocket. He pulled my knife out, and put it in his own pocket. "Y-you don't trust me?"

"It's not that. I just don't want anything to happen to you right now, ok?" He says gently. I pulled away, anger clear in my eyes.

"Oh, fuck you. Of course you don't fucking trust me," I snapped, and started to walk home.

"Where are you going?" He snaps. I don't answer, just flip him off, and storm into the house.

I walked up the stairs, and laid in bed. After awhile, I dozed off.

---

I woke up, maybe a few hours later. Mark was in my room, holding Hunter. He was feeding him.

"M-Mark?" I mumbled.

"Jack wanted me to come over. He.. well, he's just not feeling safe with you alone. I get why, but that's not why I'm here," he says. "Before I start talking, do you want to hold Hunter?" He asks. I nodded, and he stood up, and handed me Hunter and the bottle.

"Thanks.." I mummerd, and put the top part between Hunter's lips.

"I was in an abusive relationship. Not very long, but I was in one. Any time she'd get mad, she'd slap me. It wasn't too bad, but it'd still sting. Not the blow itself, but the fact she would do it.." we spent the next hour talking about me and Gareth's relationship, and about him and his girlfriend.

"I'm really tired," I told him. "And I hafta take a shower. I'll see ya tomorrow," I tell him, and hug him quickly. He nods, and hugs back.

After he leaves, I walk into the bathroom. I turned the water on, and stripped.

Then I looked at my face in the mirror. My lip was swelling, but besides that, every thing else looked ok.

I'm kinda happy Jack took away my knife. Because at that moment, I felt that familiar urge.

"Ah, just do it. Jack won't notice. Nobody will."

I shook my head, as if that would clear my thoughts, and hopped into the shower.

I finished up, and grabbed my towel. I dried off, but froze.

Because in front of me was a razor.

And after a few moments, my fingers we on the handle, dragging the blade harshly against my wrist.

And after awhile.

I passed out. I cut too deep.

---

Jack's POV

I debated if I should open the door, or spend the night at Marks.

I finally opened the door, and looked around. I started upstairs, and felt fear when I didn't see Sophia in bed.

I walked into the bathroom, and pulled the shower curtains back.

And she was there.

"Silly, you fell asleep in the shower," I mumbled to myself, shaking her lightly.

But that's when I saw a pool of blood. Confusion and sudden fear flooded me. Because I flipped her over, so she was facing me, and she didn't respond.

All I saw was blood. And cuts all over her arm.

---

Next chapter will be gruesome. Well, as gruesome as my writing gets xD

Let's just say, Jack wasn't too happy, and takes it out on Gareth.