pretty boy

so i feel like writing for some reason so i'm just gonna see where this goes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

trigger warning

Once upon a time, there was a young boy.

This little boy loved everything. He was the sweetest child you'd ever see, hugging strangers' legs and complimenting his mother and sister on their appearance.

He stayed the same as he grew up, yet he shrunk back into a shell. He rarely spoke when he wasn't complimenting anyone, even though his voice was like an angel's.

Until one day he just stopped talking all together. People desperately tried to get him to just say a mere "I like your shirt", or a simple "Your hair looks nice today", but no one succeeded.

The people around this boy fell into a depression now that their sweet boy didn't compliment them, but it didn't last long, as soon enough another boy came along.

This boy was gorgeous, with blonde hair and icy blue eyes. The first boy wanted nothing more than to talk to him and compliment him, but he couldn't, as the voices were getting stronger each day and he couldn't risk opening his mouth lest tears fall from his chocolate eyes.

The boy with the blue eyes complimented everyone, immediately taking the place of the first boy and pulling them out of their mini depression. This caused the first boy to fall even deeper in his depression, and slowly glistening scars appeared on his skin.

The boy with the blue eyes noticed. After all, he noticed everything, even though he never seemed to notice the first boy. Immediately, he frowned, and came over to the first boy. "Don't hurt yourself," he said softly, taking the first boy by the hands. The first boy looked up at him with sad chocolate eyes and didn't say a word. "You're beautiful."

And finally, for the first time in who knows how long, the first boy smiled. The voices faded away and the light returned to his eyes.

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

that was horrible