mates

as i'm sure you guys know, this book is nearing two hundred chapters and i'm pretty sure that's the max amount, so i was wondering if you guys would like another one shots book after this? i know scömìche is kind of dead but i would love to maybe try more meau as well? i'm not sure. i know i haven't been updating as much as i used to and that's mainly due to a lack of motivation, but i still love writing. just let me know what you'd like.

also, happy late birthday to my angel mitchy. i love him more than i love anything in the entire world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

trigger warning: attempted rape, panic attack

Scott had been watching Mitch for years. Ever since he turned twelve and his wolf led him to Mitch, he kept an eye on the boy as he grew up. They were mates. A wolf choosing a human to be his mate was a rare occurrence, so Scott was nervous when he told his parents, but they reassured him that it was okay and his wolf knew what it was doing. They only gave him one rule: he would have to wait until Mitch turned eighteen to make contact.

This rule was the bane of Scott's existence. His wolf begged him to hold Mitch and love him and protect him constantly, but he always had to resist. He didn't fully understand why his parents had set the rule in the first place, but he trusted their judgement. They knew how difficult it was to stay away from your mate once you found them, so there had to be a good reason why they set the rule.

While he wasn't allowed to speak with Mitch, they didn't tell him not to watch him, so that was what Scott did. Mitch lived on the Hoying family territory with his parents and sister, which meant he didn't have to worry about getting in trouble with the rival pack whenever he watched him. He always made sure Mitch got to and from school safely, and whenever he went out with his friends, he made sure no one bothered them. He knew Mitch was oblivious to his efforts, but he didn't mind. He couldn't wait for Mitch's eighteenth birthday.

Mitch was sixteen now. He recently came out as gay to a few of his friends, but one of them told the entire school. As a result, he was bullied pretty badly, and he lost all of his friends except his best friend, a boy named Austin. Scott was always jealous of Austin, but only because he was there to comfort Mitch when he was upset because of the bullies or because of his parents arguing into the late hours of the night. It frustrated Scott that he couldn't protect Mitch from the bullies. That was the only time when he questioned the rule; his Mitch clearly needed him, why couldn't he protect him? His wolf begged him to tear the bullies to shreds, but there was no way to do that without Mitch seeing and also without getting arrested. He hated watching Mitch suffer.

Despite everything, Mitch tried his best to be happy. He was the kindest person Scott knew, and he was always smiling. Scott loved his smile.

One day, Mitch was walking home from school with Austin at his side. "I can't believe he asked me out!" he squealed, gripping Austin's arm excitedly. "I thought he hated me!" Scott frowned slightly, confused. Who was Mitch talking about?

"No one hates you, Mitchy." Austin shook his head.

Mitch giggled, though Scott could smell his sadness even from his position hiding in the trees. "Don't be ridiculous, Austin, the entire school hates me. I can't believe he asked me out," he repeated, sighing dreamily. "I've liked him for years. Years! I can't believe it's finally happening."

Scott could tell Austin wasn't happy about this mystery boy asking Mitch out, but he wasn't sure why. "When's the date?"

"Friday." Mitch smiled. "I'm so excited. You have to help me pick out something to wear, okay? I want to impress him. I don't want him to regret this."