dirty little secret

trigger warning: sexual, physical, and verbal abuse, rape

It started when Mitch was only fourteen.

He'd been living and working at the castle for practically his whole life since his parents couldn't afford to care for him and sent him away to work for the royal family as soon as he was old enough. He hadn't seen them in eight years.

Mitch mostly worked with the female servants because he was too small and weak to do the jobs the male servants had. He spent his days in the kitchens preparing food, serving the royal family their meals, and making or fixing clothing. It wasn't terrible, and he was lucky he got to live in the palace. The servants had the entire basement to themselves; the east wing was where the male servants slept, and the west wing was where the female servants and Mitch slept. They had their own rooms and they got to eat twice a day and they were all much better off than they were with their families.

When Mitch was fourteen, he was finally old enough to start serving the royal family's meals. It was considered a high honor to be selected, so Mitch was very excited when Avriel told him his jobs on the first day. It would be the first time Mitch got to see the royal family up close.

Mitch loved serving the prince. Prince Scott was gorgeous, and he had a smile that made every female and Mitch weak at the knees. He had to fight to keep his eyes off of him during that first dinner.

However, unbeknownst to Mitch, he'd caught the king's eye. Avriel was taken aback when the king asked him where Mitch's room was, but he didn't have a choice but to tell him. No one denied the king, especially not the servants.

That night, Mitch went to sleep buzzing. After the servants ate dinner, he'd gossiped excitedly with his best friend Kirstin on how beautiful Scott looked and how he thought Scott had looked at him. He didn't stop smiling the whole night. He couldn't wait to wake up and get to serve the royal family again at breakfast; the servants that attended to the royal family at mealtimes had to get up even earlier than the rest of them, but for once, Mitch was happy to do it.

Fast asleep, Mitch didn't hear the door to his tiny room creak open and close again with a soft click a few moments later, nor did he hear the footsteps of the king approaching his bed.

The king slid off his shoes and crawled into Mitch's bed, carefully beginning to remove the boy's shirt. He groaned softly under his breath at the sight of his naked chest, and he quickly pushed the covers down so he could remove his pants too, a smirk forming on his lips when he realized Mitch was dressed in only boxers. He was a lot less careful as he got to work pulling those down.

Mitch jumped awake at the feeling of the king's cold fingers on his skin, and he almost screamed when he saw the man in his bed, but the king quickly clamped his hand over his mouth. "Don't you dare," he growled into Mitch's ear. Mitch's blood ran cold when he recognized the king's voice. "Do not scream. I don't care how much it hurts, you are not to make a sound. You are to be quiet and good while I fuck you. And you are not to tell a soul, understand? You're my dirty little secret. If I find out you told anyone, I will kill you and everyone you love."

Mitch nodded, tears forming in his eyes. The king smirked and removed his hand from Mitch's mouth. "That's what I thought," he whispered, resuming his task of removing Mitch's boxers. "Now spread your legs for me. Be good."

That night, Mitch lost his virginity and his innocence. After the king left, satisfied, he stayed awake for a long time and cried. He couldn't feel anything except the ghosts of the king's hands on his skin.

That night was the first night of many Mitch spent pleasuring the king. At least once a week, the king came to him at night, but sometimes it was more often. As Mitch got older, the king grew more bold; he would order Mitch to come to his own chambers while the queen was away, and Mitch would please him until the early hours of the morning, rushing back to his room to get ready in the darkness before the rest of the castle awoke.