stare

again not a christmas one-shot but i wanted to write it so yeah fight me m8

((also this is only in all-lowercase because i'm using my school computer again and i'm too lazy to press the shift key byyyyyyeeeeee))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"you should talk to him, scottie," kirstin's gentle voice said, jerking scott from his thoughts. the blond blushed and tore his gaze away from the small boy in the corner of the coffee shop, shaking his head. "n-no, he... he could never like me..." he murmured, staring at his hands in his lap. kirstie sighed and got up, walking over to scott's side of the booth and sliding in next to him. "scott, we've talked about this. don't say bad things about yourself," she said, gently lifting his head up so he had to meet her eyes. scott stared at her for just a moment before blushing and looking away. "but they're true, kirstie... i'm not good enough for him."

kirstie sighed and went back over to her side of the booth, shaking her head. "you're perfect, scott. and i'm sure if you just talked to him he'd see it too." scott blushed more, but didn't say anything, going back to staring at the boy.

scott couldn't help but smile to himself as the boy laughed at something on his phone, his heart warming up. "he's really pretty..." he murmured absentmindedly to kirstin, and she smiled, nodding. "i know, scottie. you've told me literally every day." scott blushed again, but not once did his gaze leave the boy.

well, at least until he looked up from his phone. scott felt a jolt go through his body when they made eye contact, and he quickly looked away, blushing deeply. the boy tilted his head curiously, wondering why scott was staring at him. he didn't have something on his face, did he? 

slowly, the boy's gaze shifted to the girl scott was with, and raised an eyebrow questioningly. the girl smiled and shook her head, mouthing, "he likes you." the boy smiled and blushed slightly, his heart fluttering. he slowly got up, putting his stuff away in his bag and picking up his coffee. 

"kirstie, he's leaving. i scared him away, didn't i? oh god, i told you he wouldn't like me..." scott trailed off, tears forming in his eyes. "stupid, stupid, stupid," he muttered angrily to himself. "you ruin everything, scott, just kill yourself-"

"hey, don't talk about yourself like that," a soft voice said, and scott jumped out of his skin, looking fearfully up at the owner of the voice. his eyes widened as he recognized him, his heartbeat picking up a notch. he opened his mouth to respond, but he was so stunned nothing came out, and he ended up just staring. the boy smiled again and turned to kirstie. "can i sit with you guys?" he asked. kirstie grinned and nodded. "of course." the boy smiled wider and carefully sat down next to scott, and the blond blushed more and hurriedly scooted over to give him more room. 

"so, what's your name? scott here has been crushing on you for quite some time now without ever knowing what to call you. you're known as 'pretty boy'," kirstie said, smirking as her gaze flickered to scott. "stoooooooop," scott whined softly, burying his face in his hands. the boy smiled, his heart fluttering again. "my name is mitch grassi, nice to meet you," he said, holding his hand out for kirstie to shake. the blonde-haired woman smiled and shook it. "kirstin maldonado, but you can call me kirstie. that love-struck dork over there is scott hoying." 

mitch laughed softly to himself and looked over at scott, smiling slightly. "hi, scott," he said quietly. scott's heart flipped in his chest as mitch said his name and he peeked at him through his fingers. mitch smiled wider and tilted his head. "i heard you like me?" he asked quietly, slowly reaching in his bag to get out a piece of paper. scott blushed, but nodded slowly, shrinking away. "you're really pretty," he whispered hoarsely, blushing deeper. mitch's heart fluttered in his chest and he blushed a bit himself. "thank you, scott," he said, pulling the paper out. scott's gaze immediately focused on it, and kirstin grinned widely. "do you have-" 

before mitch could even finish his sentence, kirstie had shoved a pen in his face, grinning wider. "scott would love your number." mitch smiled and took the pen, hiding the paper from both of them as he started to write.

soon enough, he finished, and he neatly folded the paper before handing the pen back to kirstie and the paper to scott. "i'm so sorry, but i have to go now. text me?" he asked scott as he stood up. scott stared at the paper in his trembling hands with wide eyes, unable to speak. mitch smiled and looked at kirstie. "tell him to text me, okay?" he said, and she nodded vigorously, grinning. "of course. have a good day, mitch." he smiled at them one last time before walking away.

scott immediately looked up at kirstie and smiled the widest she'd ever seen him smile. "he gave me his number, kirst!!" he practically squealed, and kirstie laughed, nodding. "i told you," she teased, and scott blushed, looking down with a shy smile at the paper in his hands. "open it, scott."

with trembling hands, scott delicately unfolded the paper, his breathing ragged with anticipation. his blue eyes darted quickly across the page, a blush steadily growing on his cheeks.

dear scottie,

you're really cute and you seem really nice. thanks for the compliments :)

here's my number: xxx-xxx-xxxx 

text me soon :)

-mitch <3