whenever you need me

i'm sorry to the person who requested something, i'll do it next i promise

also this is technically meau with platonic scömìche but i'm not sorry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

trigger warning: panic attack

Beau woke up to screaming. He gasped and felt frantically on the nightstand for the light, and he clicked it on as soon as he found it.

Nothing seemed to be wrong; their bedroom was empty. He turned to Mitch, and his eyes widened when he saw his beloved boyfriend screaming and crying and writhing in his sleep. He had to be having a nightmare, but what could it possibly be about?

"Mitch," he spoke softly, reaching out to shake him awake. "Mitchy, wake up. It's just a dream."

Mitch sobbed loudly in his sleep and wrenched himself free of Beau's grasp, trembling almost violently. "S-Scott," he cried. "No..."

Beau frowned and carefully straddled him, cupping his cheeks. "Baby, wake up." He spoke louder. "It's just a dream, okay? Wake up for me, love."

Mitch gasped awake and sobbed immediately, his shaking hands pushing desperately at Beau's chest. "N-No, I need Sc-Scott. They- They had him, he-... Where is he?" He looked around, distraught, searching for someone who wasn't there. "Scott?" he called, and his voice broke pathetically. "Th-This isn't my room. Scott?"

"Yes, it is. This is our room," Beau reminded him gently. He was unbelievably concerned; he'd never seen Mitch like this before. Even though they had been together for over a year, Mitch tended to keep his feelings hidden, and he only broke down in private. "Are you feeling okay, sweetheart?" Beau reached out to feel his forehead, but Mitch flinched away from the touch.

"No, th-this isn't my room. I need Scott. He's hurt." Mitch's breathing was beginning to pick up again. "Wh-Where is he?"

"He's at his house, honey. You two don't live together anymore, remember? We moved in together and he moved in with Mark."

Mitch sobbed softly and pulled his sleeves over his trembling hands. "H-He's not here?"

"No, baby." Beau offered him a small smile. "But I am. Do you want to talk about your dream? It must've been some nightmare, you were screaming and crying."

Mitch didn't seem to be listening anymore. "They have him. H-He's hurt." He sobbed again, louder that time. "Scott?" he called, scrambling to kick the covers off of himself so he could get up. "S-Scott, please..." He stumbled out of the room, much to Beau's alarm, and searched desperately through the house to find his best friend. With every room that Scott wasn't in, Mitch's breathing got quicker and quicker with panic and his vision blurred more and more with tears. "Scott!"

"Hey, hey, calm down. It's okay," Beau soothed, pulling Mitch into a hug. "Scott's safe at home, I promise you. Breathe."

Mitch let him, beginning to sob into his chest. "No, he- he's hurt, they h-h-have him. I c-can't let him hurt, p-please let me go..."

"Scott is fine, sweetheart. Do you want me to call him for you?" Beau asked gently, rubbing his back soothingly. "He'll tell you. He's perfectly fine."

Mith whimpered pathetically and nodded. "Please..."

Beau nodded and pressed a kiss to his hair before he brought him back to their bedroom, grabbing his phone off the charger. Mitch nestled into Beau's side to watch him, rubbing his eyes against the tears streaming down his cheeks. He continued to let out soft, pitiful sobs that broke Beau's heart.