princess - alternative ending 2

not a christmas one-shot but my baby asked me to write a second part to the alternative ending so here it is i guess

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

years passed. scott was ruthless, his hatred for himself fueling his attacks on innocent people. he murdered anyone who looked anything like mitch. he kidnapped random people, boys and girls alike, just to use them and then murder them. not once did his eyes go back to their old blue, staying as dark as the night sky.

a certain man was determined to find out why. the man's name was detective white, and he had wondered about this for years. he remembered back before mitch grassi had been reported dead, when scott stayed in wherever he hid for days on end. he remembered when scott hoying was spotted kissing mitch gently on the lips, and when scott hoying was overheard telling mitch he loved him.

he also remembered when it just stopped. on that horrible night, scott hoying murdered one hundred people.

why had scott suddenly gone evil again? why was he always in his evil mindset? was his better mindset gone forever?

these questions swirled around the detective's mind constantly. he needed to know. and so, he made it his mission to find out.

+++

for the first time in twenty years, scott hoying was in custody.

his eyes were dark and evil as he paced his cell, soft growls escaping his lips. he hated being confined.

detective white knew he had to hurry. it wouldn't be long before scott escaped.

"so, scott, can i ask you a couple questions?"

scott's gaze snapped up and his lips curled back in a snarl as he saw the detective. "well, i don't have a f*cking choice, do i?"

"no." detective white tilted his head, wanting to see how scott reacted.

"of f*cking course. ask your f*cking questions then."

the detective nodded. "okay." he pulled a chair over and sat down, crossing his legs and resting his chin on his hand. "scott, tell me why you turned evil again five years ago."

scott tensed, his eyes darkening more. "i don't know what you're talking about. i was always evil."

detective white smiled. "yes, most definitely. but you know exactly what i'm talking about, scott. what happened to mitch grassi?"

scott's eyes flashed at the name and he stalked over to the bars, getting as close to the detective as he could. "don't you f*cking dare bring him up," he hissed.

detective white wasn't fazed, humming softly in acknowledgement. "did you kill mitch, scott?"

"i said," scott shouted, "don't you dare mention him!"

"right, of course. but you did love him, correct?"

all at once, the anger rushed out of scott's body and his eyes lightened about fifty shades. his brain shifted to his good mindset for the first time since mitch died. "yes." the word was barely more than a whisper.

the detective white raised an eyebrow, surprised. "you did?"

"yes," scott repeated even softer, tears welling up in his eyes.

"did you kill him?"

"yes." scott's breathing hitched and he backed up against the wall of his cell, trembling violently. "i killed him."

"why did you kill him, scott?" detective white asked, more gentle.

"i didn't mean to," scott whispered shakily, closing his eyes as tears started to stream down his cheeks. "i didn't mean to. i love him."

"loved, scott."

"no." scott shook his head, choking out a sob. "i love him. he was the only thing i've ever loved and i f*cking killed him."

the detective frowned, actually finding himself feeling bad for the infamous murderer. "how did you kill him?"

"i don't know," scott sobbed, wrapping his arms around himself. "one minute i was fighting the voice and then the next we were in the basement and he was dead."

"i'm sorry, scott."

"no, you're not," scott cried, shaking his head frantically. "you're not. you don't care. you didn't know him. i loved him!"

"i know, scott."

"he was the best thing that's ever happened to me and he was my princess but he's gone and it's all my fault."

"it's okay, scott."

"it's not!" scott shrieked, his tears falling faster than ever. "it's not because he's gone and i need him. i need him! i love him! he was my princess and i killed him..." he cut off, sobbing too hysterically to continue.

the detective pressed his lips together and stayed silent, watching.

by now, scott was curled tightly in the corner, his arms wrapped around his knees as he rocked back and forth. he was still sobbing hysterically, muttering "i killed him" over and over.

detective white finally got up and silently walked away, taking his chair with him.

scott's sobs echoed loudly in the silence.