scared pt. 2

trigger warning: panic attack

A few weeks passed, and Scott was still living with Mitch. It was weird at first, because he had his own room and he got to eat every day and Mitch didn't hit him when he did something wrong. However, he had nightmares every night and often went to Mitch's room to sleep with him. Mitch didn't mind. He liked holding Scott until he fell back asleep.

Scott was in his room doing his homework, and Mitch was in the kitchen making dinner. Scott hadn't gotten completely used to eating regularly, so Mitch made his portions smaller, even though he was worryingly thin. "Scotty! Dinner's ready!" Mitch called, setting their plates on the table. Scott jumped, but quickly relaxed, and finished the problem he was working on before making his way downstairs.

Mitch offered him a smile when he entered the kitchen. "Hi, honey. Did you finish your homework?" he asked as he sat down at his spot. "I'm almost done," Scott murmured, sitting down in his own spot at Mitch's side. "That's good," Mitch said gently, reaching over Scott to get the salt. Scott blushed as Mitch's hand brushed his, his heart fluttering in his chest. He knew he shouldn't be falling in love with his teacher, but he couldn't help it — he was the first and only person to be nice to him.

Mitch made small talk as they ate, and Scott only answered in his soft voice when it was required. After they finished, Scott decided he should do something, so he wouldn't be completely useless. "I'll do the dishes, Mr. Grassi," he murmured, standing up and getting their plates. Mitch frowned, standing up himself. "No, it's okay. I can do it," he offered, but Scott shook his head. "It's the least I could do." He shakily made his way into the kitchen and went to put the plates down, but his hand slipped and Mitch's plate crashed to the floor. Scott flinched at the noise and put his own plate down, hurriedly trying to clean it up before Mitch noticed. However, the brunet quickly rushed in, his eyes wide. "What happened?"

"I'm sorry, I- I'll clean it up," Scott whimpered, his hands trembling violently as he tried to pick up the shattered pieces. His heart was pounding in his chest, certain Mitch would punish him. "Oh, no, no, baby, let me. You might cut your hand," Mitch said worriedly, kneeling down next to him and moving to help. Scott flinched violently and pressed himself against the cabinets, his breathing picking up. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. P-Please don't punish me."

"Baby, you know I'd never hurt you..." Mitch said with a frown, but Scott didn't see to hear him. He sobbed and curled up, trying to make himself as small as possible. "I'm s-sorry, I'm sorry... I d-didn't mean to... P-Please don't h-hurt me..." Mitch shook his head, quickly cleaning up the plate and kneeling before him. "Scotty, I would never hurt you. Ever. I really care about you and I'd never forgive myself if you ever got hurt because of me. I promise you're safe. No one's going to hurt you," he assured, staring directly into Scott's eyes. However, Scott's breathing still picked up and he squeezed his eyes shut, wrapping his arms around himself. "No, no, no," he whimpered, memories flashing through his mind.

Mitch watched worriedly as Scott hyperventilated, his entire body trembling with fear. "N-No, please... I'm s-sorry. I'm sorry! No, no, stop it!" he sobbed, flinching violently as though he'd been struck. "Scott? Scotty, baby, look at me. Look at me," Mitch commanded softly, reaching out to cup Scott's cheeks. Scott flinched slightly at his touch, but he didn't pull away, so Mitch scooted closer to him and brushed away his tears. "Sweetheart, listen to me. Listen to me, princess. I will never hurt you. I promise. You are safe with me. I will not let any harm come to you while you're staying with me, and I promise to always protect you. It's okay, baby."

Scott whimpered and trembled harder, but his breathing calmed down slightly and he began to relax. Mitch nodded encouragingly, moving his hands from Scott's cheeks to his fingers. He gently intertwined their hands together and ran his thumb over his knuckles. "That's it. Calm down, baby. I won't hurt you." Scott sighed shakily and pressed himself against Mitch, burying his face in his neck. Mitch sighed softly in relief and wrapped his arms around him, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "Good boy," he whispered, massaging the back of his neck.

Eventually, Scott relaxed completely. However, he didn't move out of Mitch's arms, simply nuzzling his face deeper into Mitch's neck and shakily clutching his shirt. Mitch held him tighter and gently rocked them, closing his eyes. "S-Sir?" Scott whispered timidly, curling up against his chest. "Yes, baby?" Mitch murmured back, kissing his forehead. Scott hesitated for a while before he spoke, working up his courage.

"Um, wh-what would you say if I t-told you I l-l-loved you?"

"Baby, we can't be together. It's illegal. I'm your teacher."

Scott's heart cracked in his chest and he blinked back the tears forming in his eyes. "Okay. I understand," he whispered barely audibly, his voice shaking as he tried not to cry.

"It's not that I don't want to, princess. I would love more than anything to be yours. I just don't want someone to find out about us and take me away from you."

"P-Please? I'm eighteen..."

Mitch sighed, but he smiled a bit and nodded. "Alright, baby. We can be together. But we can't do anything while we're at school, okay? We can kiss and cuddle here, but things have to be normal in front of other people." Scott's heart leaped in his chest and he quickly nodded, holding onto Mitch tighter. "Okay. C-Can you kiss me?" he asked timidly, and Mitch smiled, tilting his head up to connect their lips.

Scott melted against him and snaked his arms around Mitch's neck, kissing back passionately. Mitch let his hands trail down Scott's torso to rest on his hips, but soon his arms found their way around his waist and he brought him closer. Scott pressed himself against Mitch and tilted his head to deepen the kiss, craving the feeling of Mitch's lips against his. Mitch held him tightly, licking along Scott's bottom lip to ask for entrance. Scott granted it immediately, and Mitch eagerly slipped his tongue into Scott's mouth, exploring it hungrily.

When Mitch pulled away, Scott quickly connected their lips again, tangling his fingers in Mitch's hair. Mitch kissed him back, of course, loving the feeling of Scott's warm skin underneath his fingers.

Eventually, Scott needed to breathe, so he reluctantly broke apart from him and peered up at Mitch through his eyelashes. Mitch smiled breathlessly, caressing his cheek. "Wow," he breathed, laughing softly. Scott blushed and curled up, nuzzling his face in his neck again. Mitch chuckled softly and hugged him tightly, rocking them absentmindedly. "Come on, baby. Let's go upstairs, yeah?" Scott shyly nodded, and Mitch helped him up, gently leading him up the stairs to Scott's bedroom. He started to lay him down and tuck him in, but Scott whimpered and shook his head. "Wait. S-Stay with me?"

Mitch smiled and nodded, kissing his nose. "Alright, princess. Just let me get ready for bed." He shamelessly pulled off his shirt, and Scott watched him, blushing lightly. Mitch laughed softly when he noticed Scott staring, but he didn't say anything, and he crawled in bed beside his angel. Scott immediately curled up and rested his head on Mitch's chest. "Does this mean we're boyfriends now?"

"If you want to be, baby girl."

"Y-Yes, please..."

"Okay, love. I'd be honored to be your boyfriend."

Scott blushed and buried his face in Mitch's neck, draping his arm over his waist. "Y-You're so much nicer than my last boyfriend."

"I'd never hurt you, angel."

"I know," Scott whispered barely audibly, pressing himself closer. Mitch smiled and wrapped his arms around him, massaging the back of his neck. Scott sighed softly and relaxed fully, savoring the feeling of his teacher's arms around him.

"Goodnight, baby."

"Goodnight, Mitchy. I-... N-Never mind."

"You what, sweetheart?"

"I..." Scott hesitated, curling up. "I love you."

Mitch smiled and kissed his hair. "I love you too, Scotty. Now get some sleep."

Scott blushed, but he nodded and closed his eyes. With Mitch's arms keeping him safe and warm, and the steady beat of Mitch's heart in his ears, he fell asleep.