stare pt. 4

someone requested this so

((also this is lame whoops))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when mitch woke up the next morning, scott was totally on top of him, his head tucked in mitch's neck. mitch smiled sleepily and wrapped his arms more securely around scott's waist, turning his head to kiss his cheek. scott stirred and clutched onto mitch tighter, sleepy blue eyes opening to meet mitch's brown ones. mitch smiled, his gaze briefly flickering down to scott's lips before he forced it back to his eyes. "good morning, scottie," he murmured, bringing his hand up to brush his fingers across scott's cheek. scott blushed and looked away, curling up slightly. "good morning, mitchie."

"wake up, lovebirds!" kirstie's voice suddenly called from the kitchen. "i made breakfast!" both scott and mitch blushed and glanced shyly up at each other, but slowly got up. scott shyly slipped his hand into mitch's, and mitch smiled to himself, squeezing it reassuringly and leading him out to the kitchen.

"hey, you two," kirstin smirked, glancing back at them from the stove. "how'd you sleep?"

"good," mitch answered, rolling his eyes and leaning into scott's side. scott looked shyly down at him, blushing. mitch smiled and looked up at him, standing on his tiptoes to kiss scott's cheek. scott blushed deeper, a stupid grin on his lips. kirstie watched with a smile, her heart melting. she knew that mitch would treat scott the way he deserved.

"i made pancakes," she said, glancing back at them, "want any?" scott immediately shook his head, looking down. kirstie sighed, but turned her gaze to mitch. "do you?"

"i actually should probably go," mitch said, smiling apologetically. scott whimpered quietly and looked up at him, his eyes pleading. mitch smiled and kissed his cheek again. "i can come back later tonight if you want," he murmured softly, and scott nodded frantically, pulling mitch into his arms to hug him tightly. mitch smiled wider and closed his eyes, resting his head against scott's shoulder. "bye, scottie. i'll see you soon, okay?"

"okay," scott said quietly, burying his face in mitch's hair, "bye, mitchie." mitch smiled and pulled away, hesitating a moment before standing on his tiptoes and pressing a quick kiss to scott's lips. before anyone could react, he was out the door.

scott stood speechless for a long time, his lips tingling. he slowly reached up and brushed his fingers across the place where mitch's lips touched, and he looked up at kirstie with wide eyes. "he... he kissed me..." he whispered, and kirstie laughed. "soulmates!" she sang teasingly.

+++

scott was now home alone.

kirstie had left to run some errands, so scott was curled in a ball watching a movie she had put on for him.

a knock sounded on the door, and scott got up slowly, trembling a bit as he cautiously walked to open the door. "k-kirstie?" he said tentatively as he opened the door. his eyes widened as he saw someone he wished he'd never have to see.

"hello, scott. i missed you."

+++

mitch paced impatiently, repeatedly glancing at the clock. he missed scott more than anything, and he couldn't wait to see him again later that night.

mitch sighed and decided just to go. scott wouldn't mind if he was a bit early, would he?

+++

kirstin was making her way back home, her car filled with groceries. she parked in the parking lot of her and scott's apartment building, getting out and going to the back to get the groceries out of the trunk.

"kirstie!" she turned at the sound of mitch's voice, smiling. "hey! you're early," she said, tilting her head. "yeah," mitch said with a slight blush. "i missed scottie."

"aw. that's sweet," kirstie murmured. mitch laughed weakly, wrapping his arms around himself. "do you need some help?" he asked. kirstin smiled and shook her head. "nah. thanks, though. come on, let's go see our favorite dork."

they nodded politely at the receptionist and walked up the steps to the floor kirstie and scott's apartment was, and kirstie gave the bags to mitch temporarily to unlock the door. "scottie, i'm home! and i brought your friiieeeenndd!!" she called, laughing quietly when mitch stuck his tongue out at her.

silence replied. kirstie frowned, slowly setting the groceries down. "scott?" still nothing.

"kirstie, help!" scott's voice suddenly screamed, and kirstie's eyes widened, following the sound to his bedroom. mitch followed quickly, worried.

scott was pinned on his bed by a man, tears streaming down his cheeks. he was shirtless and covered with bruises, his lips swollen and red. concern and fear quickly turned to anger when kirstie recognized the man and she shoved him off with surprising strength, her eyes flashing. "what the heck, carter? why won't you leave scott alone?" she yelled in the man's face, slapping him hard across the face. mitch didn't know who this man was, but he could tell he wasn't good, so he hurried over to scott's side and brought him in his arms. scott sobbed loudly and clutched onto mitch's shirt, and mitch's heart broke. he gently held scott's head in his neck so he wouldn't have to watch.

the man, who was apparently called carter, wasn't fazed, shoving kirstie back off him. "he still loves me, and you know it," he snapped, but kirstie just screamed out in rage, punching him as hard as she could. "he doesn't! get that through your thick skull! he's moved on, why the heck can't you?! you had your chance, and you blew it. you hurt him, carter!" she shrieked.

mitch closed his eyes and pulled scott closer, murmuring soft words in his ear and holding him gently. "shh. it's okay, scottie. i'm here, kirstie's here, we got you. we'll protect you. nothing can hurt you anymore." scott sobbed weakly and buried his face in mitch's neck.

"just leave him alone," kirstie hissed. "don't make me get you a restraining order. i could call the police for abuse and sexual assault, and i will, if you don't get the heck out of my house and stay the heck away from my best friend." carter stared at them disgustedly for another moment before turning and leaving without a word. "and stay out!" kirstin shrieked after him, slamming the door.

it was silent for a moment, the only sound being scott's sobs and mitch's soft condolences. kirstie sighed and leaned against the door, trying to calm herself down. anger was still coursing through her veins, but she thought of scott calling her desperately for help. her, of all people. scott trusted kirstie with his life, and she didn't want to lose that. the anger dissipated instantly, and she cautiously crept into scott's room. "scottie? are you okay?" she asked tentatively, her voice the opposite of what it was before. he sobbed and nodded, pulling away from mitch just enough to reach for her weakly. relief washed through her as she saw he wasn't scared of her, and she crawled in bed on his other side, spooning him carefully. scott whimpered and reached for her hand, holding it tightly and burying his face in mitch's chest.

scott whimpered quietly again and frantically tried to pull kirstie closer, moving to the other side of mitch and bringing her into mitch's arms as well where he was before. he kept her small hand tightly in his and squeezed his eyes shut. "m-mitchie can make you feel better."

both mitch's and kirstie's hearts melted, and kirstie smiled, squeezing scott's hand. "aw, honey. that's sweet of you. but i think you're the one who needs comforting right now." scott whimpered quieter and opened his eyes, meeting kirstie's. she smiled sadly and gently pulled him over to where he was before except on his back. she draped one arm over his waist and laid on her side, and mitch did the same, kissing his cheek. scott closed his eyes and subconsciously curled closer to mitch, burying his face in his chest. slowly, wrapped in arms of mitch and kirstie, scott fell into a pitiful sleep.