becoming a man pt. 2

trigger warning: mentions of rape and abuse

Mitch woke up to a woman's voice yelling Scott's name. His muscles seized up in panic for a moment, not recognizing where he was, but Scott groaned and pulled him closer and he relaxed. "I don't wanna get up," Scott mumbled, burying his face in Mitch's hair. "Too sleepy." Mitch didn't know what to say to that, so he just remained silent, letting his eyes droop closed again. He'd never felt so safe in his life.

"Scott!" Connie called again. "Come on, breakfast is getting cold!"

Scott sighed dramatically, but he got up. Mitch opened his eyes when he felt Scott's warmth leave him, and Scott took his hand, gently helping him stand. "Do you want to get dressed, baby?" he asked, brushing Mitch's hair out of his eyes. "I don't have any clothes that'll fit you right now so we'll have to get some at some point, but for now you can just put on some sweatpants and leave that shirt on."

"Yes, sir."

Scott gently guided Mitch's legs into the sweatpants and pulled them up. "There. Come on, angel, let's go get some breakfast." He wrapped his arm around Mitch's shoulders to lead him into the kitchen, murmuring where there was a ledge or a corner he had to watch out for.

Everyone stared when Scott walked into the kitchen with a small Omega at his side, but Connie was the first to say something. "Scotty, how come when you went out last night you didn't have an Omega and now you do?"

Scott glanced up at her as though he'd forgotten his family didn't know about Mitch. "Oh. This is Mitch. I'm taking him home with me." There weren't enough chairs for Mitch to have his own, so Scott sat at his usual spot and gently brought Mitch into his lap. Mitch blushed and leaned back against Scott's chest, setting his hands on top of Scott's. He felt so small next to Scott, but he surprisingly liked it.

Rick suddenly recognized him, and his eyes flashed red. "Scott," he started, his voice low and intimidating, "why did you take him from where he lives? His Alphas wouldn't be very happy with you."

Scott glared right back at him, his arms tightening around Mitch's waist. "You and I both know those Alphas abused him, physically and sexually, and he doesn't deserve to stay with those sick bastards anymore."

The women were looking between them confusedly, and Mitch had shrunk into Scott's embrace with fear. Rick's eyes flashed red again, but he just sat down and glared at them both silently from across the table. Connie decided to just serve breakfast. At first the meal went by in silence, but eventually, Scott's sister Lauren couldn't hold back her curiosity anymore. "So how did you two meet?" she asked excitedly. "How long have you been Scott's Omega?"

Mitch blushed slightly when he realized the girl was talking to him. "I- I don't even know if I am his Omega, ma'am," he murmured in a small voice, lacing his fingers with Scott's. "I'm sorry, ma'am."

"Do you want to be my Omega?" Scott whispered to him. "I'd love to be your Alpha."

Mitch blushed even more and nodded shyly. "Yes, please, sir," he whispered back, his heart racing. The moment he'd dreamed of since they met five years ago was finally here.

Scott smiled and kissed Mitch's cheek. "We've known each other for five years, but I asked him to be my Omega just now."

Lauren squealed and clapped excitedly. "That's so cute! You two are adorable."

"How old are you?" Scott's other sister, Lindsey, asked. "You seem so young."

Mitch didn't realize she was talking to him until Scott nudged him gently. He flushed red from embarrassment immediately. "I'm sorry, ma'am. I'm eighteen, ma'am."