highness pt. 2

trigger warning: sexual harassment, abuse, homophobia, and rape

That night at dinner, Mitch was trying to hide how uncomfortable he was as he ate his green beans. He was sore and it hurt to sit, but he knew he couldn't let his parents know that.

"So, Mitchell," Mike started, looking up at his son, "your mother and I have found a princess for you to marry."

It was a few moments before the words registered. Mitch dropped his fork and shook his head quickly, his heart pounding in his chest. "What? No. I- I don't want to marry her," he said immediately, but Mike just clicked his tongue disapprovingly and shook his head.

"You don't even know who she is yet. Her name is Alicia, and she's the daughter of King Peter of Germany. I think she's quite lovely. She's older than you, more experienced, so I'm sure you two will have fun on your wedding night." Mike winked at his son.

Mitch was horrified. "Dad, I'm only sixteen, you- you can't make me marry her. I don't want to."

"You'll be coronated in two years, Mitchell. It's better to marry now before you become king than to wait. We could have an heir to the throne before you're even crowned. Alicia is eighteen, so she's at an age where she's able to bear children. You're getting married in two weeks, and she'll be coming tomorrow to stay with us until then so you can get to know each other a little bit before the big night. Just don't get to know each other too well." Mike chuckled and shook his head. "It's okay if you two experiment in bed at night, just don't go all the way. No sex before marriage, you know that."

"Do I have a say in this?" Mitch asked, getting desperate. He really, really did not want to get married. How would he see Scott?

"Now, now, Mitchell, this will be good for you," Mike chided, taking a bite of his food. "Alicia is absolutely lovely, I assure you. You'll love her."

Mitch sent a pleading glance towards his mother, but Nel just shook her head and offered Mitch a small, sympathetic smile. "Your father's right, Mitchell. Listen to him, okay? Princess Alicia is a fine woman and she'll make a great queen."

Mitch bit his lip hard and turned his gaze to his lap, fighting back tears. He wished he could go back to earlier that day when he and Scott were passionately making love in the library. He would have to have sex with Alicia, even though the thought disgusted him. He didn't want to lay with a woman. He wanted to lay with Scott.

That night, Mitch couldn't sleep. He got out of bed and scrambled to pull on some proper clothes before he sneaked out of his bedroom. He hardly dared to breathe as he tiptoed through the sleeping palace, and he only relaxed when he was in the cool of the night. He took a deep breath and scurried into the village, hoping Scott wouldn't be hard to find.

The nightlife in the village was much more lively than it was in the palace. People were out and about, talking and laughing and enjoying themselves. The night was still young. Mitch thought this would be the perfect place to find Scott.

Sure enough, he found his boyfriend laughing with a girl. His heart hurt a little at the sight, but he ignored it and rushed up to him. "Scotty," he whispered, setting his hand on Scott's arm. He was hyperaware of all of the people, and he hoped desperately that it was too dark for them to recognize him.

Scott turned around at the sound of his name, and a smile formed on his lips when he saw Mitch. "Hey, Highness. What are you doing out of the castle so late?"

Mitch blushed and glanced around nervously before looking back at Scott. "My parents are making me get married."

Scott's smile fell, and he took Mitch's hand to lead him away from all of the people. "You're getting married?" he asked as soon as they'd gotten in a secluded alleyway. His voice wavered slightly, hurt in his eyes.