lovely (xxx)

thanks for twenty thousand reeeeaaaadddsssss

this may be the worst thing i've ever written in more ways then one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott drew his cloak tighter around himself as he entered the old shop, glancing around nervously. If people knew he was here, it would surely be the talk of the kingdom, and he couldn't have that. He had a reputation to uphold.

"How may I help you, Your Majesty?" The shaky voice of an old woman spoke, and Scott jumped, whirling to see her. The old woman smiled and bowed before him. "It's an honor to have you in my humble old shop, Your Highness." Scott regained his composure and nodded shakily, gripping at his cloak. "I need your help."

"Of course. What can I do for the young prince?"

"I need a love potion."

His words made the old woman freeze in her tracks, but she calmed herself down again and gathered the ingredients. "And why might the most desirable man in the land require a love potion?" she asked, trying to sound nonchalant. Scott drew himself up to his full height, clutching his cloak to hide his shaking hands. "That is none of your business," he said, even though his voice trembled with nerves. The old woman nodded knowingly and mixed the potion, then poured it into a heart-shaped vial. "Here, Your Majesty. Use it wisely."

"Thank you." Scott took it and gave her the money, then rushed back to the palace.

+++

Scott glanced around nervously as he entered the dining room. When he saw that the room was clear, he rushed inside and to the spot where he knew Prince Mitchell of the neighboring kingdom would be seated. With shaking hands, he poured the vial into his drink.

Scott sat down as soon as the rest of the royal family came in. He hurriedly put away the empty vial and did his best to hide his shaking hands, trying to act like he hadn't just illegally slipped a potion into someone's drink. He couldn't help but watch Mitch carefully as the dinner started, however — he was hopelessly in love with him, and he knew the potion would be the only way to get him to reciprocate the feelings.

Scott's breathing hitched as Mitch brought his goblet to his lips and took a small sip. Mitch froze for a moment, blinked a few times, then shakily set his drink back on the table. Scott's heart sank and he wrapped his arms around himself, confused. Had the potion not worked? However, as though answering the question running through Scott's mind, Mitch's gaze went to Scott. Scott blushed when he realized Mitch was staring at him, his heartbeat picking up hopefully.

Mitch didn't look away for longer than five minutes for the rest of the dinner. When they were dismissed, Scott shakily rose and began to make his way back to his room for the night, but Mitch hurried to catch up with him and took his hand. "Your Majesty," he murmured, bringing Scott's hand to his lips and pressing a soft skin to the back of it. Scott blushed, his breathing catching in his throat. "H-Hi, Prince Mitchell." Mitch looked up and met his eyes, a charming smile on his lips. "Please, call me Mitch. Where is a lovely little thing like you off to on this fine evening?"

"Um, m-my room..."

"Already? But it's so early."

"Y-Yes, but it's not like I have anything else to do..."

"Come walk with me. I'd love to explore the gardens with the prettiest flower of them all."

Scott blushed even more, but he shyly took Mitch's arm and followed him out of the castle. Mitch didn't pay any mind to the servants watching them questioningly, sighing softly in relief when they were alone in the cool air of the evening. They walked in a comfortable silence, admiring the scenery.