rogue

i know it's been a while and i'm sorry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

trigger warning: mentions of abuse, rape, and kidnap

Mitch stumbled through woods into a clearing, and he collapsed immediately. His eyes closed and his breathing shook as he struggled to gather enough strength just to go on a bit longer. He had to get back to his Alpha.

The thought of Scott willed Mitch back to his feet again. Pain flared in his fatigued muscles every step he took, but he ignored it. He weakly sniffed around for some food, knowing that if he didn't eat soon, he'd starve. He'd made it this far, he didn't want to die now. Scott had to be close. All he had to do was fight a little longer, then Scott would save him.

Another Alpha watched the brown wolf through the trees. A low growl rumbled in his throat at the sight of a rogue on his territory, and his eyes flickered red. His muscles rippled under his fur as he stalked towards Mitch, and the Omega looked up at the sound of his footsteps. His eyes flashed blue and he tried to run away, but he collapsed again before he had even made two steps. He whimpered softly and squeezed his eyes shut, trembling. He was going to die without even getting to see his beloved Alpha one last time.

The Alpha didn't even falter at the sight of Mitch's Omega eyes. He grabbed Mitch by the neck and dragged him back to the village, planning to make an example out of him.

People stopped and watched when they saw the First Alpha dragging a wolf behind him. Admittedly, they were a bit confused as to why the wolf wasn't struggling; in previous occurrences, the rogues that were caught by the First Alpha and his patrol fought viciously against their captors, but not this one. He seemed to have given up.

Scott was on his way home from work when he caught the familiar scent of his Omega. He froze, thinking there was something wrong with his sense of smell. His Mitch had been missing for almost two years, there was no way he was here. Right?

However, as he walked along the main street, the smell got stronger. His Alpha instincts screamed at him to follow it, and he knew he had to obey. If there was a chance he could have his Omega back, he had to take it, no matter how slim.

His heart began to race when he saw a crowd gathered in the center of the square, Mitch's scent somewhere mixed in. He hardly dared to breathe as he searched the crowd for his beloved Omega, wondering if this was a dream. Slowly, he progressed through the crowd until he got to the front, and he froze.

There was his Mitch, lying at the feet of the First Alpha. He was in wolf form, but Scott would recognize him anywhere. His eyes were closed, his chest was barely rising and falling, but Scott knew he was alive. He had to be.

"I found this rogue just outside our village," the First Alpha was saying, addressing the crowd. "As you all know, all rogues are scum, and even though this rogue is an Omega, he is not any different. He still deserves to die."

"Wait!" Scott called desperately, rushing forward to collapse by Mitch's side. "Wait, please. This Omega isn't a rogue, he's mine. Please, sir, he's my Omega." Tears filled his eyes, and his hands shook as he reached out to stroke Mitch's fur. Mitch weakly blinked his eyes open to see Scott, recognizing the scent that washed over him and the hands that touched him. His heart relaxed. He had made it back to his Alpha after all.

"You're just saying that," the First Alpha spat. "You just want to save his life."

"No, please, you have to believe me," Scott begged, his voice breaking. "His name is Mitch Grassi-Hoying, he was taken away from me almost two years ago. Please, I'd recognize him anywhere. He's my Omega. You can't kill him."