bad boy

i'm actually the worst author ever sorry it's been ten years

also thank you for seventy thousand reads holy mackerel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

trigger warning: street harassment, gang rape, and a brief mention of murder

"Okay, Mitch, he's coming. You have to ask him if he's as serious about this relationship as you are, remember?" Kirstin told Mitch sternly as she got her books out of her locker. "You can't forget like last time." Mitch rolled his eyes and shook his head. "I won't forget, Kirst. I want to know just as much as you do." Kirstin smiled and nodded, hugging him gently. "Hey. You know I love you, right? I don't want you to get hurt." Mitch softened and hugged back. "It's okay. I'll be fine."

Mitch pulled away as soon as he heard Scott clearing his throat, and as soon as he did so, Scott pressed him against the lockers and kissed him passionately. Kirstin sighed and walked off to class without a word, knowing Mitch wouldn't pay attention to her anyway.

This had been going on for a few weeks now. Mitch was considered a nerd at school, but Scott Hoying was the bad boy, so it was a total surprise to both Mitch and Kirstin when Scott waltzed up to them one day and asked Mitch to meet him after school. Kirstin was hesitant to let him go, knowing what the rumors said, but Mitch insisted he'd be fine. Kirstin hadn't heard from him for hours after Mitch met up with Scott, and she had just started to dial 911 when she got the FaceTime call from Mitch. The boy's face had been flushed and his hair was messy, but his eyes were bright and there was a breathless smile on his lips. He'd told her that they had made out behind the school for basically the entire time. Ever since then, they'd been fuck buddies — Scott would come find Mitch in the middle of school and take him into a janitor's closet or the bathroom so they could have sex. Kirstin didn't really trust Scott, since he was notorious for breaking hearts and there were rumors that he'd murdered people before, but she tried to be happy for her best friend. Mitch was bullied a lot, and Scott made him happy.

The only problem was, Kirstin was fairy certain Scott only saw Mitch as his boy toy. Mitch constantly talked about Scott, so much so that she knew what sex with him was like and she'd hardly even spent time with him. Mitch acted like he was totally in love, and Kirstin just wanted to make sure her best friend didn't get his heart broken. Mitch was basically risking everything to keep this up — while his grades were perfect before, he was skipping classes and missing homework because he and Scott were off somewhere, so if they broke up, he would have to work even harder to get back to where he once was.

Mitch didn't show up to class yet again. Kirstin expected this, but that didn't make it hurt any less. She would never admit it to herself, but another reason she didn't like Scott was the fact that he was stealing her best friend.

She didn't see him again until lunch. Mitch plopped down next to her, looking like he'd just had sex. His hair was messy and his shirt wasn't fully buttoned, partially revealing the hickeys scattered across his neck. Still, he was smiling. "Oh, my gosh, Kirst," he breathed, his hands shaking slightly as he got his lunch out. "That was so much better than sitting in class and listening to Mrs. Pitts drone on and on."

"Did you ask him?"

Mitch froze, and soon an apologetic look came over his face. "No..." When Kirstin sighed and turned away from him, Mitch rushed to continue. "I'm sorry. I meant to, I really did, but it slipped my mind. You can't blame me. You'd forget too if you were making out with Scott Hoying. He was touching me. You know it drives me insane when he touches me. God, his hands..." Kirstin rolled her eyes and avoided looking at her best friend. "You're swooning," she said coldly, taking a bite of her sandwich. Mitch frowned and rested his head on her arm. "Kirstie, please don't be mad at me. I'll ask him next time, I swear."