the bachelor pt. 1 maybe i dunno

i'm not entirely sure how the bachelor works as i've only watched it a few times but just roll with it kay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, Mitch. You have to get over him," Kirstie insisted, throwing a pillow at the brunet. Mitch just peeked at her with sad eyes. "Mitchy, you're such a great guy. I'm sorry he didn't see that," his best friend said quieter, more gently. "But it's almost been three months. You have to return to the outside world. And so, I signed you up for the bachelor."

That got Mitch's attention. "The Bachelor? You mean the show?" he croaked, his voice hoarse from lack of use and crying himself to sleep every night. Kirstie grinned, proud of herself. "Yep. I've already got the email back saying you've been selected, so you can't back out of it. You're welcome." Mitch felt tears in his eyes, but he blinked them back — he was tired of crying. "Kirstie, you should've asked me if that was okay! I don't want to go on the show. Everyone will hate me." Kirstie sighed and shook her head, rummaging in Mitch's closet to find a suitcase. "No, they won't, hun. Besides, you don't even know who the bachelor is!"

"Who is it, then?"

Kirstie grinned even wider, looking triumphant. "Scott Hoying."

Mitch's eyes widened immediately and he sat up, his tears forgotten. "S-Scott Hoying? The Scott Hoying?"

"Yup! Only the hottest, sweetest, most amazing guy in America!" Kirstie squealed, throwing all of Mitch's most expensive clothes into the suitcase. "Girl, I'm jealous." Mitch's eyes were still wide, and he stared down at his hands. "Kirstie, he's-... There's no way he'd pick me. I'm just... me," he said quietly, not looking up. Kirstie rolled her eyes and threw some clothes at him. "Don't be ridiculous. You turn everyone gay."

+++

Mitch nervously looked around, clutching his bag tightly. Kirstie had lectured him on their way to the airport, but she had left him at the gate, and now he was here and he was alone and he was scared. The host of the show, a man named Chris, had directed him to come inside and met the other boys, but Mitch didn't do well with other people. The only people he usually talked to were Kirstie and his old boyfriend, but that was before they had broken up and Mitch's life tumbled down around him.

"Hi! I'm Tyler," a sudden voice said, and Mitch quickly turned around, his heart jumping. However, it was only one of the other boys. He was shorter than Mitch, and he wore glasses. Mitch smiled nervously and held his bag tighter. "I-I'm Mitch..." Tyler grinned and enthusiastically shook his hand, almost taking Mitch's arm off. "Nice to meet you."

Mitch met the rest of the boys, and he knew instantly he was going to be sent home after the first rose ceremony. The other boys were so much more attractive than he was, and more flamboyant, and just overall a better candidate for the husband of the Scott Hoying. Mitch would probably be forgotten about, like usual.

Chris came in after everyone had been settled, smiling slightly at them. "Hello, boys. You'll get to meet Scott soon, he's just getting ready. If you wish, you may also go do whatever you'd like to prepare for the meeting. Remember, first impressions are everything." Almost instantly, half the boys got up and scrambled up the stairs to the big room that they shared with the other boys. The half that remained were either already pretty confident or Mitch. Mitch knew he had no chance, so he didn't bother. Chris chuckled, but continued to speak. "Also, you may want to get used to having cameras around. Usually, we're able to hide them pretty well, but just be aware that you are being recorded."

A few moments later, the rest of the boys returned to them all primed and ready to go. Mitch shrunk into himself and pulled his sleeves over his hands, keeping his gaze on his lap. Chris smiled at them, but checked his phone. "Alright, everyone. Here he is." Mitch reluctantly looked up as Scott Hoying walked into the room, and immediately his breath was taken away. The singer was even more gorgeous in person. Almost all of the boys swooned and fixed their hair, hoping to look their best.

"Hello," Scott said with a smile, and Mitch melted. "I'm Scott, as I'm sure you know. I'm pleased to meet you all, and I hope one of you will become my husband." While the rest of the boys clamored for Scott's attention, Mitch just stayed where he was. He definitely had no chance.

However, Scott noticed the small, quiet boy that remained curled up on the couch, and instantly was attracted to him. He made his way to him and gently took his hand, kissing his skin. "What's your name?" Mitch jumped and looked up, his eyes widening as he saw Scott. "Um, M-Mitch..." he whispered nervously, his heart pounding in his chest. Scott smiled at the sound of his voice, but let go of his hand. "Why are you sitting here all alone?" he asked gently, ignoring the other boys. "I have no chance with you, so I don't see the point in trying," Mitch answered quietly, wrapping his arms around himself and turning his gaze to his lap. Scott frowned and tilted Mitch's head up so he had to meet his eyes. "Of course you have a chance. Everyone here does." Mitch just blushed and looked away.

The boys were each given around five minutes to get to know Scott a bit more personally, without the others around. Mitch stayed where he was, his mind wandering, so he didn't hear when his voice was called. The others snickered as Mitch flushed red and reluctantly made his way into the room where the singer was. Scott lit up as soon as he came in — he had been looking forward to this meeting most. "Hi, Mitchy!" Mitch flinched slightly, but he still blushed at the nickname that passed Scott's lips. "Hi," he whispered, slowly sitting down across from him. Scott grinned and eagerly leaned forward. "So, where are you from?"

"Texas..."

"Oh, really? What part?"

"Arlington."

"Wow, me too! That's so cool."

"Yeah."

"What do you do for a living?"

"I, um, I- I'm a teacher..."

"Aw. What grade?"

"Kindergarten..."

Scott grinned. He was already almost sure who he was going to pick. "That's so sweet. You seem like a wonderful person." Mitch blushed and glanced up at him. "Thank you," he whispered barely audibly.

That night, as Mitch climbed into bed, he couldn't help but fantasize about actually being the one to marry Scott Hoying. He knew it would never happen, considering how amazing Scott was. The boys had had a chance to spend more time with Scott as a group, and they were able to see how much of a truly good person he was.

Mitch Grassi-Hoying.

Mitch liked the sound of that.