stare pt. 2

yeah so i felt like writing another part to this

i hope this makes up for the curse words, HufflepuffGirl13 :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scott and kirstie were gathered around scott's phone, the texting app open. scott was chewing his lip nervously and he typed and retyped a message, each a variation of the same thing. kirstie was watching him. "come on, scott. it's not that hard," she said gently, and scott made a small noise, his heart beating rapidly in his chest. "i know, i- i don't want to mess it up-"

"you won't mess up, scottie. here." kirstin gently took the phone from him and typed a message. "there. how about that?" scott made a small distressed noise and hid his face in his hands. "just send it. he probably already hates me anyway," he whimpered miserably. kirstie sighed and shook her head. "he doesn't hate you, scott," she murmured, rubbing his back gently as she pressed the send button.

scott whimpered and curled up, burying his face in his pillow. "oh god, kirstie... i'm scared..." kirstin smiled sadly and kept rubbing his back, laying down next to him and carefully spooning him. "it's okay, scott. he's not going to be like carter." scott whimpered just at the mention of his name, turning to hide his face in kirstie's chest. he started to say something, but they were interrupted by a loud ding. 

scott jumped and whimpered louder, clutching onto kirstie's shirt. she sighed and gently pulled away from him to take his phone, unlocking it. scott stayed curled in a ball, squeezing his eyes shut as his heart thumped faster and faster in his chest.

"scott..." kirstie started, but scott squeezed his hands over his ears. "he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he ha-"

kirstin laughed, interrupting him. "no, he doesn't, silly! c'mere!" she pulled him up and showed him the text.

xxx-xxx-xxxx: hi, mitch. it's scott, from the coffee shop.

xxx-xxx-xxxx: oh, hi, scott :)

scott's heart skipped a beat and he smiled breathlessly, his heart skipping a beat. "he-... oh my god..." kirstie laughed again and nodded. "what do you want me to say?" scott hesitated, then took the phone from her. "j-just... tell me if i should stop." he hesitated again, then tentatively started to type.

at the grassi household, mitch quickly changed scott's contact name with a dorky smile on his lips.

scottie: i'm sorry if i'm bothering you

mitch (the pretty boy from the coffee shop): oh no, you aren't bothering me. i'm actually pretty bored lol

scott hurriedly changed mitch's contact name, his heart doing flips in his chest. "ask him out!" kirstie suddenly squealed in his ear, and scott blushed, shaking his head. "i can't ruin it already, kirst."

mitch (the pretty boy from the coffee shop): do you have anything to do today?? maybe we could hang out :)

scott's breathing hitched at mitch's message and he looked at kirstie, unsure. she rolled her eyes with a grin and took the phone from scott.

scottie: can we?? pleeeeaaaaaasssseeee??? i miss you :(

scott groaned and blushed furiously, hiding his face. "kirstiiiiieeee." she laughed, but laughed even harder at mitch's response.

mitch (the pretty boy from the coffee shop): oh hi kirstie

scottie: aw how'd you know :(

mitch (the pretty boy from the coffee shop): somehow i don't think scottie would ever text something that forward. was it you the whole time?

scottie: nah i just took his phone from him

scott curled up and set his head in kirstie's lap, knowing she'd be much better at this than he would be. "try not to make him hate me," he murmured softly, closing his eyes and burying his face in her stomach. she grinned and ran one hand through his hair as she typed.

scottie: why don't you come over? scottie really does miss you

mitch (the pretty boy from the coffee shop): aw did he say that?

scottie: you're literally all he talks about. even if he didn't say it directly i'm like positive he's head over heels for you

mitch blushed as he read kirstie's text, shaking fingers typing out a reply.

mitch (the pretty boy from the coffee shop): that's sweet :')

scottie: he's told me how beautiful you are at least ten times today

mitch (the pretty boy from the coffee shop): i'm blushing

scottie: so how about you come over? :) 

mitch (the pretty boy from the coffee shop): of course :) don't tell scott though

scottie: never. here's our address: *insert address here*

mitch smiled and subconsciously fixed his hair, a faint blush still dusting his cheeks. 

mitch (the pretty boy from the coffee shop): i'll be there in fifteen

scottie: see you then :)

kirstie smiled widely and turned scott's phone off, shaking him gently. "scottie..." she sang softly, running her hand along his side. "scottie, wake up." the blond stirred and made a small noise, clutching tighter onto kirstin. she laughed softly and shook him again. "wake up, you dork."

sleepy blue eyes finally blinked up at kirstie, and she smiled fondly, gently tapping his arm. "get up, scottie. my legs are asleep." scott immediately sat up, wrapping his arms around himself and frowning at his stupidity. "i'm sorry," he said on impulse, looking down at his lap. kirstie's smile fell and she lifted his head up gently with one finger. "scott, i didn't mean it like that. you weren't heavy, you barely weigh a thing. i could even pick you up. it's not healthy how skinny you are, honey..." scott looked away to hide his tears, holding himself tighter. kirstie sighed, but dropped it, knowing that conversation could last forever and still not get anywhere. "come on, scottie, we're having a movie night," she said, getting up and starting to walk out of scott's bedroom.

the blond quickly got up and followed her, sleepily rubbing his eyes as he plopped down on the couch. kirstie stayed up, however, going into the kitchen to pour a big bowl of goldfish - they were scott's favorite, so she wanted to see if she could tempt him into eating with the small orange crackers. just as she was starting to pour two glasses of wine, a knock sounded on the door.

"kirstie, who's that?" scott's shaky voice called timidly from the living room, and kirstin smiled sadly to herself, setting the glasses down and going to open it. "don't worry, scottie," she called back as she opened the door.