wrong

Michelle sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, gathering her courage. Today was the day she was going to tell her boyfriend that she was trans, and she couldn't be more terrified. She'd been incredibly distracted at work, coming up with all of the things that could possibly go wrong. She loved Scott more than anything — if he left her, she'd break.

With shaking hands, Michelle unlocked the door to her and Scott's apartment. "Scotty?" she called, her voice trembling with nerves. Almost instantly, she heard a squeal and some thuds as her boyfriend rushed down the stairs, and suddenly she was attacked in a hug. "Mommy!!" Michelle winced at the name, but forced herself not to say anything, wrapping her arms around Scott's waist and hugging him back. "Hi, baby. How was your day?"

"It was good! I missed you, though." Scott peered up at her, a pout on his lips.

Michelle forced a smile and kissed his nose. "I'm sorry, baby. But I'm home now, yeah?" Scott nodded excitedly and quickly pulled her upstairs. "Let's play tea party!" he squealed, but Michelle shook her head and gently separated their hands. "Wait. Can I talk to you first?" she asked nervously. Scott's smile immediately faded, but he nodded. "Yeah, of course, Mommy. Is everything okay?" Michelle let out a shaky breath and nodded slightly, sitting down with him on the bed. "Can I tell you something?"

"You can tell me anything, Momma..."

Michelle hesitated, running her fingers through her hair. "I-... S-Scott, I'm trans," she whispered, bracing herself for the worst.

Almost immediately, Scott grinned wildly and attacked her in a hug. "Oh my gosh! Does this mean I can call you 'daddy'??" he asked excitedly. Michelle blinked, surprised. "W-Wait. You're okay with it?" Scott giggled and nodded. "Of course I am, silly."

Relief washed over Mitch and a smile formed on his lips. "Oh, thank God. If I lost you..." he whispered shakily, hugging Scott tightly. Scott giggled again and kissed his cheek. "What's your preferred name?" he asked, nuzzling his face into Mitch's neck. "Um, M-Mitch for now. Th-Thank you so much..." Mitch breathed shakily, but Scott just smiled and peered up at him with innocent eyes. "You don't need to thank me, Daddy. I'd still love you even if you killed someone!" Mitch couldn't help but smile at how adorable his boyfriend was and kissed his forehead. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Daddy. Now, tea party time!!"

+++

It was the next morning. Scott and Mitch had eaten dinner after their tea party, and fallen asleep on each other while watching TV. Luckily, Mitch didn't have work that day, so he could spend the whole day with Scott.

Mitch woke up with a groan, his neck aching from the position they were in. He sat up and rubbed the back of it, causing Scott to slide down to his lap. Mitch smiled sleepily and ran his fingers through Scott's hair, but slowly his smile faded and his hand went to his own dark locks. It was too long, going down to just below his shoulder blades, and he didn't like it.

"Daddy?" Scott mumbled sleepily, yawning. Mitch forced a smile and returned his hand to Scott's hair. "Good morning, baby boy. How'd you sleep?" Scott yawned again and nuzzled against Mitch's hand, his eyes slipping closed again. "Good. You're comfy," he murmured softly, still half-asleep. Mitch bent down to kiss Scott's forehead, his hair falling around them like a curtain. He frowned and pulled away, running his fingers through it. "Can I cut my hair?" he asked, but Scott looked up at him with a frown. "Why are you asking me? You can do whatever you want to, Daddy."

"I- I just... wanted to make sure you were okay with it..."

"Of course I am. But breakfast first. Scotty's hungry."

Mitch smiled relievedly and nodded, standing up and stretching. "Do you wanna just get Starbucks?"

Scott gasped and nodded excitedly, quickly getting up. "Yes, please!!" Mitch smiled and kissed his cheek. "Okay, baby. Go get dressed," he said, and Scott rushed to obey. Mitch laughed fondly to himself and padded to the bathroom, brushing his teeth and hair before making his way upstairs to his and Scott's bedroom.

Scott was already up there. His shirt was off and a frown was on his lips as he looked through their closet. Mitch smiled and made his way over to him, wrapping his arms around Scott's waist from behind. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" Scott whined, but leaned into his touch. "I can't decide on which of your sweaters to wear, Daddy..." Mitch laughed softly and kissed his shoulder blade. "You'll look beautiful in anything, doll," he murmured softly, and Scott giggled, turning around to face him. "You think so?" Mitch nodded and smiled knowingly. "I know so," he murmured, just before he stood on his tiptoes and connected their lips.

+++

Scott and Mitch walked into Starbucks hand in hand. Mitch was wearing the most masculine clothes him and his boyfriend owned — which, unfortunately, weren't very masculine — and Scott wore Mitch's blue sweater and skinny jeans.

Mitch led Scott up to the counter and ordered for them, getting both of them coffee and a muffin. He tried to ignore the disgusting looks he was getting from the barista, but it was getting increasingly harder.

"Hey, sexy lady. What are you doing with that weirdo when you could be with me?" The barista couldn't have been older than eighteen, and he was eyeing Mitch's chest area with a wide smirk. Mitch frowned and held Scott's hand protectively, moving in front of his boyfriend. "First of all, I am not a lady. And second of all, Scott is not a weirdo. He is intelligent and sweet and way more desirable than you'll ever be," he snapped, but the barista rolled his eyes. "What do you mean, you're not a lady? Far as I can tell, you've got boobs. And they're pretty nice, if I do say so myself." Mitch frowned and subconsciously pressed himself back against Scott. "I was born into the wrong body," he said defensively, even though his voice was laced with hurt. He quickly grabbed his and Scott's food and led him away to a table in the back, as far away from the barista as they could get.

"Don't listen to him, Daddy. You're more of a man than he ever will be," Scott murmured comfortingly, squeezing Mitch's fingers. Mitch smiled weakly, but he didn't say anything, quietly eating his muffin.

When they left Starbucks, the first place they went was to the barbershop. Scott waited in the waiting room as Mitch went back to get his hair cut. It wasn't long before Mitch returned, his head almost completely shaved save for an emo fringe over his left eye. Scott almost didn't recognize him, but when he did, he gasped and quickly stood up. "Daddy..." Mitch blushed and smiled shyly, brushing his newly-cut hair out of his eyes. "Do you- Do you like it?" he asked nervously, and Scott hurriedly nodded. "Yes! You look amazing!" he said with a wide smile, leaning down to kiss him.

Next, they went to the mall. "H-Hey, Scotty?" Mitch started nervously, fixing his hair. "Hey, Daddy," Scott copied him, giggling. Mitch smiled and held his hand tighter. "Um, c-can I get more masculine clothes? I... I feel too much like a girl..."

"Of course, Daddy. You don't have to ask."

And so, they went into a few stores, and Mitch bought the clothes he liked. He was finally happy at the end of the day when they went home, and there was only one thing he wanted to change about himself.

"Scotty?" he asked softly when they were cuddling in bed. "Yes, Daddy?" Scott murmured, his hand underneath Mitch's shirt and resting on his stomach. "Um, s-since we don't have enough money for testosterone or surgeries at the moment, do you think I could get a binder? I... I don't like my chest..." Scott subconsciously brushed his fingers over Mitch's bra, but he nodded. "Of course you can. You don't have to ask me, Daddy. I told you." Mitch shivered at his touch, blushing. "I'm sorry. I just want to make sure you're okay with all this."

"Daddy, I want you to be happy. If you're not happy in your girl body, then you can have a boy body. It's okay."

Mitch blushed more and kissed his forehead. "You're an angel."

They went on Mitch's laptop to search for a chest binder. Mitch had done some research before, so he already knew what his size was. After they had ordered one, Mitch had never felt happier. He peppered Scott's face with kisses, murmuring "I love you" in between each one.

That night, Mitch and Scott climbed into bed. Mitch was dressed in one of his new pairs of boxers and a men's t-shirt, and Scott just wore Mitch's clothes, like usual. Sfott immediately snuggled up to Mitch's side and set his head on his shoulder, draping a protective arm over his waist. "Goodnight, Daddy. I love you."

"Goodnight, Scotty. I love you, too. Thank you for everything."