Chapter 18

Klara's POV

Two-Face.

The man who stood behind all this was Two-Face.

Klara had worked the whole day reading through all the files of the GCPD and by now she had found the red line that put all the pieces together. All the men Mr J had tortured, or wanted to torture had been working for Two-Face before they got killed, also the one who lately had been found dead in the Gotham River. In his file the autopsy report said that he was dead before he got into the water because of a bullet that hit his heart and since he seemed to be one of the lower paid tugs he wasn't very reliable in keeping secrets so Two-Face had to kill him.

Klara was rubbing her eyes when she looked at her phone.

It was meanwhile late at night and she had nearly hundred missed calls from Sienna and a message from Mr J that read she should meet them all at his club in a few minutes.

Klara took a breath before she finally decided to dress up, she hadn't the time to answer Sienna's missed calls but she would see her in a few minutes and would explain then why she couldn't reply.

Frost's POV

"She's late" Mr J said with a growl looking at Frost as if it was his fault that Klara didn't show up punctual.

"I know boss, but I guess she will be here in a few minutes" Frost said, until finally a message hit his phone. It was Klara.

Thank god, he already thought something happened to her because she didn't reply to anyone since he had left her apartment early this morning.

Sorry I know I'm late but I finally found out who is responsible for Sienna's torture and her memory loss. I'm on my way I'll be there in five minutes! Don't have too much fun without me. ;)

"She's on her way, boss and she found out whom you have to thank for her condition" Frost said and nodded over to Sienna who was dancing at the dance floor at the moment.

Or at least she was, because Mr J's Queen couldn't be seen anymore now.

"Where's she?" Mr J immediately asked and stood up from his usual seat at the VIP section to get a better view over his club. His voice more sinister than ever.

"WHERE'S SHE?!"

Frost looked over the crowd what really was no problem for him since he was easily six foot tall but even he couldn't see the Queen anymore and a bad feeling made its way through his body. Sienna would never disappear without telling Mr J and she was still the Queen of Gotham and easy to recognize no matter how many people were surrounding her.

"I'll go look for her, maybe she went out to catch some air" Frost said and Mr J stared at him as if he wanted to kill him for not doing this earlier.

God damn not again. They couldn't have caught her a second time.

But no matter where Frost was searching for her, Sienna disappeared, like a ghost. And as soon as he realized what probably could've happened again, he immediately got out of the club to call Klara, maybe Sienna got a message from her and they met somewhere even though Frost knew that this wasn't the case.

"Come on, pick up ..."

Klara's POV

Klara was just a few steps away from the club when she heard her phone ringing, it was Frost.

She already wanted to pick up but before she could do so an unfamiliar voice spoke from behind and covered her mouth with a tissue full of chloroform.