Chapter 64

Frost's POV

"Frost, good to see you man. I've found the tapes you asked me about" Oliver said as Frost entered the room. Oliver was Mr J's special man for every kind of technology and stuff. There was no camera or security system in Gotham that hadn't been hacked by him before.

"Good, show me what you got" Frost replied to Oliver and took a seat besides his colleague, looking straight at the little monitor in front of them on which Oliver was playing the tape from the security camera of the club in Chicago where Frost had seen Klara for the very first time again, after she left the city. "Here we go" Oliver said and pressed the play button.

Frost's heartbeat immediately got faster as he recognized Klara dancing on the dance floor, that was the video from the day he had been there as well. "That's the video from last year, and there's Griggs" Oliver said while Frost closed his eyes for a quick second. He still wasn't able to watch how she was dancing with that asshole. "They seem quite happy, here. But yesterday I looked at a newer tape and I recognized something strange."

"Something strange?" Frost asked, not knowing if he should be worried now or not.

"Yes, wait a second, I show you what I mean" Oliver responded and showed Frost a second tape, the time read that this had been recorded only two days ago. "Here are our lovebirds but look at her face, she doesn't seem happy at all anymore" Oliver said and pointed at the small figure of Klara who was sitting on Griggs' lap in a more quiet area of the club this time.

He was right, as Oliver zoomed at her face Frost could see how tears were streaming down her face and her lips looked bruised as if someone just punched her. "Can we watch the whole sequence?" Frost asked trying to hide how worried he was now. "Of course" Oliver said, going back to the beginning of the tape, where Griggs and Klara just arrived at the club. She was wearing a thin black dress which didn't cover her arms and as Frost watched her closer his heart stopped beating for a quick second in shock. Her arms were strewn with dark bruises and even her legs weren't spared from them.

That fucker was abusing her!

The video played further and Frost's heart got heavier and heavier with every new scene. Griggs had a tight grip around Klara's upper arm the whole time and was dragging her from corner to corner and she obviously didn't enjoy his presence anymore. Klara even tried to get rid of his grip sometimes because it was obviously hurting her but all she got from him as he was sure that no one was watching them, was a slap straight across her right cheek.

Frost felt like jumping from his seat and punching a hole into the screen but he could hold himself back right in the second by digging his nails into the bottom of the chair. But this wasn't enough for Griggs, already the next thing Frost got to see was how he cupped her face into his hands roughly and told her something what was according to Klara's reaction a really bad threat. Klara wanted to pull away from him but that just caused her another slap right across the face.

Frost inhaled sharply and at the moment he wanted nothing more than to kill Griggs himself and the tape wasn't even over yet. Five more minutes even showed how that bastard forced her to sit on his lap and every time she wanted to avoid his touch he grabbed her neck brutally from behind and made her sit down again. Frost couldn't count anymore how often Klara looked at the emergency exit just a few meters away from her but the chance to escape her abusive boyfriend never came. Instead of that she had to endure all the touching and kissing if she didn't want to get slapped again.

"Poor girl, hm? Wonder how a pretty girl like her met such a fucker like him. I mean I'm not saying we're saints, we're criminals but I would never treat my girlfriend like this" Oliver said and Frost's heart was clenching in his chest.