Chapter 61

Joker's POV

He just returned to the penthouse, closing the door behind him and looking for his girlfriend in the living room. But she wasn't there. J checked the bedroom but she wasn't in there either. He let out a sigh as he returned to the living room, only then seeing her coming out of the nursery. A smile broke out on her face as soon as she saw him. "Hey," Sienna said and walked over to him, pecking his lips. "I just put Maisie to bed. How was your meeting?," she asked, sitting down on the couch. J sat down beside her. "I need to tell you something, doll."

She raised one of her eyebrows and looked at him. His tone was serious, after all.

"Did you cheat on me?"

His eyes widened. "What? No! No, of course not."

Sienna sighed in relief. "Thank god. Then it can't be so bad," she said, smiling at him. She pulled her legs on the couch, putting them under her knees as she gave him an expecting look. "Alright. I'm listening, baby."

J put his right hand on her thigh and looked deeply into her eyes. "You probably won't like what I'm going to tell ya," he admitted, earning an confused look from his Queen. He decided to not longer torture her with his secrecy. "I've got news about Griggs."

He noticed how her body tensed up at sound of this name. Sienna shifted in her seat, straightening her back and taking a deep breath. "Okay...," she muttered, looking into his eyes as if she was searching for the answer in them. "Good or bad news?," she suddenly asked, scooting closer to him.

"Both," J said, returning her gaze and massaging her thigh. "I probably have a trace about his whereabouts."

"Probably?," she asked, frowning.

"Frost might know where he's hiding," J explained. "He has seen him in Chicago several times by now and suspects that the prick will soon show himself again."

Sienna smiled a bit. "Well, that are great news! We finally know more than a few weeks ago. But why are you not happy and still looking at me like that?," she asked, gesturing to his facial expression.

"I wasn't done yet, doll."

"Oh, sorry," she mumbled, waiting for him to continue. J took a deep breath. "Frosty is still searching for his fuck toy," he said and expected his girlfriend to be surprised but she didn't even flinch at his words. "Wait," he muttered, glancing at her. "Did you know this?"

"Yes," she admitted. "Frost told me that he wanted to search for Klara."

J growled. "Well, he wasn't successful yet."

"Why is that so important to you?," Sienna asked. "You don't give a damn about her."

"True," he said. "But I give a damn about her since I know about her fucking Griggs and calling him her new boyfriend."

"What?"

Sienna's POV

She couldn't believe what she had just heard. Klara and Griggs? Together? Sienna wanted so bad that it would sound ridiculous because her former best friend would certainly never be with a guy like that. But since she had seen them dancing with each other at the club over a year ago, she knew that it made sense what J just told her.

"They're a thing," he said, having a disgusted look on his face. "Frosty told me that the little brat left the city with this scum and that they're still together."

"Oh god," Sienna muttered under her breath, placing her head in her hands. J got even closer to her, taking her wrists and making her look up at him. "I knew you wouldn't like that, doll. But I thought it would be better for ya to know."