Chapter 43

Sienna's POV

Sienna was lying on the couch, reading the book about giving birth for the hundreds time now. She had finally reached the last month of her pregnancy and the birth could start at any moment. It was needless to say that Sienna was nervous as hell but she tried to keep her calm though. The doctor had told her that it wouldn't be wise to panic because when she was really going into labor, the birth could be even more painful.

She looked up as she saw her boyfriend entering the living room, pulling on his golden blazer over his black dress shirt. "Where are you going?," she asked and narrowed her eyes at him. Sienna didn't want him to leave the penthouse when she was so close to giving birth to their daughter. But J seemed to care about his work more than her...

"I'm meeting up with a business partner," he said and walked over to her. He noticed the displeased look on her face and sighed. "It won't take me long," J added and kissed her forehead. "I'm gonna let Frost looking after you."

"Can't you cancel your meeting?," asked Sienna and looked up at him. "I don't have a good feeling when you're not here."

"No, I can't, doll," J said. "This deal is important and I've spend weeks trying to make it happen."

Sienna sighed. "Fine," she muttered under her breath and turned her attention back to the books in her hands. But she could still feel J looking at her. Sienna glanced at him and he raised his non existent eyebrows. "Aren't ya giving daddy a kiss?," he asked and Sienna smiled a bit. "Come here," she said and J leaned forward to kiss her on the lips.

"Hurry up, please," Sienna said as he pulled away.

"I promise you that this baby," he pointed at her huge belly, "won't be born until I'm back."

"You've never kept a promise, J," she scoffed and he gave her a look. Sienna shrugged her shoulders and her boyfriend looked like as if he wanted to say something but he was interrupted as Frost suddenly entered the penthouse. "Boss, I brought the car around," the henchman informed him and J exchanged a look with Sienna again before he walked over to his right hand. "Don't let her out of your sight," he just said and Frost nodded. "Of course."

"Bye bye, doll," J said before he left the penthouse.

They heard the front door being shut and Sienna put the book away. "I swear to god if he won't come back as soon as possible I'm gonna rip his head off."

Frost looked at her. "I think it would be better for you to stay calm."

Sienna nodded her head slowly. "I know," she said and got up from the couch. Her back was aching and there was a heaviness in her lower belly. Maisie's kicks had started to become painfully now because she now had delicate nails on her fingers and toes. Sienna also had to deal with sleep problems because it was quite a problem to find a comfortable position with such a huge baby bump.

"Are you ok?," asked Frost, eyeing her closely.

She nodded. "Yeah, I just have to walk around for a while." Sienna suddenly felt a burning pain in her abdomen and her face constructed in pain. She held her hands to her belly and let out a sharp breath.

"Are you sure?," asked Frost again. There was definitely panic in his voice.

"Yes," she panted. "Just false contradictions again. They're totally normal."

Frost simply nodded. "Do you want to sit down? Can I get you something?"

Sienna smiled slightly. "Can you get me a hot-water bottle?"

"Of course," he said and disappeared into the kitchen.

~*~

But the pain didn't go away.