Chapter 74

Klara's POV

Klara was sitting in the bathtub late tonight, thinking about everything that happened past the last hours. She was so glad to be finally home again, but still the aftermaths of what she had been going through were visible seen onto her whole body and also her mind was still remembering the abuse which she had to experience with Griggs.

"Klara? Are you alright?"

Deep drowned into her thoughts Klara flinched as she saw how the door got opened by Frost, but as soon as she saw his face she started to relax again. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" he said softly as he recognized her panic filled look. "It's okay ... I just had to remember what happened the last times when a bathroom door had been opened ..." she whispered, thinking of all the times Klara had to lock herself away from Griggs.

"This is over now, you're safe" Frost said, wrapping her up carefully in a warm towel as she got out of the bathtub.

"I'm so glad it is!" she suddenly started to cry, pressing herself tightly against Frost to experience the beautiful familiar warmth of his hug again which she had missed so much. "Shh, don't cry you're home again, You're safe" he whispered into her ear, kissing her forehead and keeping her close to his chest. "I love you ... I love you so much."

"I know, I know, I love you too" he said, being so glad that he was finally able to respond it.

"No, no let me do this" Frost said as he saw how much Klara was suffering from all the bruises on her body whilst trying to dry herself with the towel. Frost took care of her the whole time, never letting her out of sight until they were finally able to get into bed and catch some sleep and Klara already felt that lying in a warm and comfortable bed with Frost was everything that she needed now.

She felt loved again when he wrapped his arms around her small body, protecting her in every way while she was searching for some comfort. "Goodnight, Frosty ..." she whispered, kissing his neck softly before she finally fell asleep.

But as soon as she had closed her eyes the nightmares already started to hunt her. She was safe, but that didn't mean that she was spared from the memories which were hunting her dreams now.

Frost's POV

Klara fell asleep immediately after cuddling close against Frost's chest and even though he was tired as hell, he couldn't get himself to sleep. He rather spend his time with watching Klara sleep and stroking her back for hours since he was too scared that if he would wake up tomorrow she turned out to be just a dream.

But right when he really was about to fall asleep as well, Frost was woken up again by Klara's crying and screaming. She was clearly having a nightmare. Absolutely understandable after what she had been going through.

"Klara! Klara, wake up! It's me! It's me, Frost!" he said as she started to back away and fight against him in her sleep. Frost was holding her shoulders, carefully talking insistently to her until she finally woke up, realizing that she wasn't in danger anymore. She immediately stopped screaming and all that could be heard from her now was the sobbing and her apologies for hurting him in her sleep.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I thought it was him ..."

"Shh, it's fine, nothing happened. I'm here, I'm here. He can't hurt you anymore" Frost repeated all the time, kissing her cheek and trying to calm her down again, what soon caused her to fall asleep for the second time.

"I love you, Klara. I won't let anything ever happen to you again."

Never.

Klara's POV