Chapter 41

Sienna's POV

The summer was almost over and the air started to get colder again. Sienna appreciated the change of the weather and welcomed it with open arms because she already had difficulties to breathe normally. Her unborn daughter kept moving and kicking what made it also hard for Sienna to sleep at night. She often woke up because of her baby's movements and every false contradiction made her panic.

Long story short: Sienna was anxious because of the birth.

But her doctor had told her that she should focus on the positive things. Sienna would hold her daughter in just one month for the first time in her arms and she seriously couldn't wait for this to happen. Sienna also just wanted to see her feet again.

"Don't worry," the doctor told her as she moved the ultrasonic device over her baby bump. "The baby doesn't hurry to come out. It still requires some time for rest and growth."

Sienna nodded and looked at the monitor again. "Look," the doctor said and pointed at the screen. "Your daughter already turned her head downwards to the pelvic canal." She smiled at her and Sienna returned it. "Everything looks fine. I think your baby's birthdate will be the 10th of October."

"Oh god," Sienna whispered. Today was the 8th of September.

Only one month to go.

"Don't panic," said the doctor and gave her a reassuring smile. "Just visit me every fortnight so that you and your baby have the best care."

Sienna nodded and started to wipe the lubricant off her belly. She slowly sat up as the doctor put the equipment away. "How about your discomfort?," she asked and looked at her again.

"The little one disturbs me with her movements, especially at night. I sometimes think that her legs are under my ribs," Sienna explained and the doctor smiled slightly. "I see. Just lay down and try to rest. It's important that you avoid excessive physical activity. And during strong movements take a deep breath while raising one hand above your head and then exhale while putting it down. Repeat that a few times."

"Alright," Sienna said and smiled.

"Did you choose a name yet?"

Sienna's smile grew even wider. "Maisie Elizabeth."

"Oh, that's a beautiful name," replied the doctor and smiled at her too.

She got to her feet. "I'll see you soon," said the doctor and shook Sienna's hand before she left the room.

Sienna met Frost in the hallway, waiting for her.

J wasn't able to come with her to the doctor's appointment today because he was quite busy with work. That was why he had sent his right hand to accompany her.

"Everything alright?," asked Frost and Sienna nodded. "Yes. I'm just so nervous now. Even though I've read a hundred books about pregnancy and birth I still don't feel ready..."

"I think you'll never feel ready for this," Frost said.

"Oh, thanks," said Sienna sarcastically as both of them took the elevator upstairs to the penthouse. She noticed that the henchman was more silent than usual and as Sienna put her phone out of her pocket and looked at the screen, she suddenly knew why.

Today was Klara's birthday.

Sienna thought about texting her and wishing her a happy birthday but then decided against it. Klara also didn't call or message her on her birthday. It was like she didn't even care about the people she had left behind and that thought made Sienna both angry and sad.