Chapter 68

Klara's POV

His phone was so near but yet so far away ...

After several weeks of the abuse Klara had to endure because of Griggs she was searching for any kind of plan which would get her outta this hell hole, which Griggs still called their home. But since he didn't let her go anywhere and locked the door to their shared bedroom as well to avoid that she could run away, her opportunities to escape were small to not at all existent.

Today though someone seemed to mean it good with her because a few minutes earlier after Griggs had left the room he forgot his phone in his left jacket pocket just a few inches away from her. For several seconds now she had looked at it, her whole body was shivering in fear. Hell would break lose if he would catch her calling somebody, but this was maybe the only chance she would ever get to leave this place.

Klara looked up to the bedroom door, listening closely if Griggs could be heard taking the stairway up to her again, but nothing. Everything was quiet and in that moment Klara nearly jumped from the bed, took his phone and closed the bathroom door behind her. She had to do this quick. The bathroom door couldn't be locked anymore since he nearly broke it down the last time he got her out of there on her birthday.

Hiding in the little corner of the shower, she didn't lost any time for dialing Sienna's old number. Hopefully she would pick up.

Please Sienna, please, please, pick up.

"Hello?"

Klara couldn't hold her tears back as she recognized Sienna's voice at the other end of the line. She still sounded the same.

"Sienna ... it's me ... Klara. Listen, I don't have much time ... but I need your help really bad at the moment. I know I had been a horrible friend but-"

Klara stopped speaking as she heard Griggs's footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Klara? Klara! Are you there?!" Sienna's panic filled voice asked.

"Help me please ..." she whispered back.

"Klara! Hold on I'm coming for-"

Her heart stopped beating for a few seconds as she heard Frost's voice but in the second he wanted to talk to her, Klara let out a loud scream as Griggs pulled the shower curtains aside and smashed the phone out of her hands. "NO!" she yelled trying to escape him, but he already took a hold of her neck and squeezed it whilst slamming her to the ground so that her head hit the hard tiling of the shower.

"Please ... let ... go ... off ... me ..." she said, her voice thin and shaky from the lack of air.

"Whom did you call?" Griggs asked, choking his already bleeding girlfriend further. She had a bad injury on her head from the hard hit on the ground.

"No one ... I swear ... please ... please I can't breathe ..." Klara suffocated but Griggs wasn't listening to her answer. "Don't lie to me! I heard you speaking with someone!" he yelled into her face and slapped her several times all across the face whilst still choking her. "You're mine. I don't want to share you, you're my pretty little toy, all mine, got that?!"

Klara was nodding her head as she felt the hot tears running down her cheeks like a little waterfall. She was only agreeing with him to make him let go off her, because her vision already went blurry.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry I'm sure you won't do it again, right?" Griggs asked, finally loosening his grip around her neck a tad.

"Y-yes ..." Klara whined while he was coming closer to her again. She wanted to back away but her head was still suffering from the sudden hit on the ground and the lack of air, so she couldn't do anything about him lifting her up into his arms and kissing her softly on every part of naked skin he could find on her.