Chapter 84

Frost's POV

The time had come, Frost thought to himself whilst looking at the engagement ring that he was holding in his hands while Klara was getting ready for their date tonight. Since the events of the past months had went by Frost decided it was finally time to make Klara his forever.

He remembered how he first bought this ring, only hoping that she would come back from her absence and now in more or less than two or free hours he would propose to her. Frost knew that she wouldn't say no to him, but he still was nervous as hell, he had never done something like this and he also never had felt the things he was feeling for Klara.

She was the one and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her more than anything else.

"Baby, are you ready?" he asked, knocking at the bathroom door carefully. It was eleven p.m. and the only reason he was free from today's work was because he asked Sienna if she could talk to Mr J and giving them both this night without having something to do for Mr J. Of course Sienna didn't say no, and now Frost was standing in front of the bathroom door, getting even more nervous with every second that passed.

"Yes, I'm coming" Klara responded, opening the door.

It was like getting hit by a flash, as soon as his girlfriend appeared in the room. She was wearing a long black gala dress without sleeves or straps, her hair was plugged together into a messy bun and some curls were framing her beautiful delicate face, letting her crystal blue eyes shine even brighter than usual. She was also wearing big silver creoles, something that she never did before, it was like she was revealing her whole beauty to him again, after she had to endure so much pain, mentally and of course physically as well.

"Is it too much?" she asked, unsure about the dress and everything as she recognized Frost's facial expression. "No, you look beautiful" he said, cupping her face into his hands giving her a soft kiss. She smiled at him, her eyes were sparkling with joy what made his heart melt in an instant. He had never seen her this happy since a long time now and it meant everything to him to finally see her smile again.

"Thank you" she whispered, adjusting his tie a tad. "You look handsome as well."

Klara's POV

The restaurant Frost had chosen was one of the most breathtaking places that Klara had ever seen. It was somehow reminding her of an illuminated street right in Venice. There was a little bridge standing in the middle of the whole place and a small fountain flowed water throughout the bridge.

Frost had reserved a table a bit more in the background of the restaurant, a very romantic little corner that was only lightened up by a few candles around them. "This is wonderful, how did you find this place?" Klara asked, looking Frost into the eyes still being mesmerized by the whole look of the place.

"Sienna and Mr J once spend their anniversary here, Mr J wanted me to choose the most expensive restaurant in Gotham and that's what I did. The first time I came here I was thinking of how it would be sitting here with you ... I'm glad this didn't just stay a thought of mine."

"I love you" Klara only responded to his words, knowing that what he just told her happened while she was gone. He didn't use the words when you were gone anymore, they both didn't want to think of this time anymore and it was also just hurting them both to do so. They only wanted to live here and now, together.

The food arrived quickly after both of them gave the young waitress their order, and Klara had to admit that there was no single thing here that wasn't perfect.

"I'm so glad we are finally able to do things like this" Klara whispered, smiling at her boyfriend.

"Me too, there had been a time where I actually thought this would never happen ... but let's not talk about this again. Actually there is a special reason why I wanted you to come here with me tonight" Frost smiled back at her.

"Really? Which one? You know I would sleep with you anyways" Klara grinned at him.

Frost laughed silently before he shook his head. "I wasn't speaking of that."

"Now I'm curious" Klara responded, while Frost was quickly looking around, checking that no one was able to see them, before he suddenly took her hands in his, kneeling down in front of her and pulling a tiny little case out of his suit pocket that he opened quickly.

Klara's mouth dropped open a tad and tears of joy hit her eyes as she saw the small and petite engagement ring. Would he really ...?

"We have been going through a lot since we both know each other and the events of the last two years showed me that I wouldn't want to go anywhere without you after everything that happened. I want you to stay with me, til death will tear us apart and that's why I'm asking you tonight, Klara Monroe, do you wanna marry me?"

"Oh my god ..." Klara whispered, already feeling how hot tears were streaming down her cheeks, because she was so overwhelmed by the whole situation. "Yes ... Yes of course I wanna marry you" she said, reaching her trembling hand out for him so that he could put the small ring on her finger, before he finally kissed his fiancée.

The rest of the evening included holding hands and kissing by candle light while Klara could finally call herself the happiest girl in the whole universe. "I love you so much ..." she whispered, cuddling against his chest after they both left into the cold night of Gotham City.

Frost's POV

She was finally his.

That was all Frost could think of after Klara and him had been walking back home to the penthouse, even taking a little walk through the Robinson Park, while the moon was shining down at them, it was a beautiful night and everything had fit just perfectly. Even Sienna was still awake when Klara and Frost returned to the penthouse and of course she was the first one who got to know the news from Klara, since she was her best friend.

Frost couldn't say much anymore, he was numbed from the happiness inside of him, everything he had begged and hoped and pleaded for within two years had become true. Klara and him were engaged, now nothing would be able to keep them away from being together anymore, they belonged to each other and the future could greet them with open arms from now on.

Klara's POV

A few weeks later Klara and Sienna were sitting at the breakfast table, Maisie was sitting in her highchair and both girls were browsing through a big magazine of bride fashion, which showed amazing wedding dresses. Klara and Sienna were absolutely hyped for the wedding - much to Mr J's chagrin - and since Klara announced her engagement with Frost, Sienna couldn't stop talking about her best friend's wedding dress anymore or the wedding in general.

"Oh my god this is perfection!" Sienna suddenly said and showed Klara a big white dress with the same beautifully plain look as her engagement ring.

"Doll, not this again" Mr J's voice suddenly growled from behind both girls.

"Don't be such a grumpy child, J! A wedding is the most amazing event in a girl's life, I want this to be perfect for Klara! And for Frost of course" Sienna said, giving her boyfriend a look as he glared at the wedding dress magazines for what felt like the hundredth time.

"He wasn't even allowed to have a relationship with another employee, and now he's marrying one of them! I can't believe this" Mr J said and Klara looked between Sienna and him curiously who would win this battle again. It would obviously be Sienna, she had always won in this, since she got to know of the upcoming wedding.

"This employee, J is my best friend so please be so kind and stop complaining."

But Mr J only rolled his eyes at her comment and rather started to interact with his little daughter who was still sitting in her highchair but as soon as he started to talk and play with her all what Maisie had to say was: "Tree wedding!"

Mr J shot his girlfriend and Klara a glare as soon as those words had left his daughter's mouth but the two girls were only laughing, until Frost joined the breakfast round at the penthouse as well, kissing Klara on the cheek, while Sienna put the magazines away, because rule number one still was: "The groom wasn't allowed to see the dress until the wedding day."

And Sienna took that very serious.