Chapter 73

Sienna's POV

"Good night, Pumpkin," J said and kissed Maisie on the forehead before handing her to his girlfriend. "You should be able to sleep now," he smiled and a wide smile formed on Sienna's lips as well. Maisie started to giggle but soon her giggles turned into yawning and she rubbed her tired eyes. "Time to sleep, sweetie," Sienna hummed as she head towards her daughter's room but she turned around again after just three steps. "Do you want to see the nursery, Klara?," she asked and her friend's face lightened up at her suggestion. "Of course!," she said excitedly and followed Sienna and Maisie.

"This is the nursery," Sienna explained as both girls entered the large room. Klara looked around with widened eyes while Sienna put her daughter in her crib, covering her with the small blanket she owned since the day she was born.

"Wow," Klara muttered, being totally amazed by the beauty of the room. "Everything in here just looks perfect! But the tree on the wall is my favorite!," she said and looked at the painted tree again. Sienna smiled and turned around to her. "Frost drew it."

"Really?," Klara asked, very surprised. "I didn't know he could draw."

"Me neither," laughed Sienna. "But that's also why Maisie calls him tree. She once saw him standing next to the painting and since he's tall like the painted tree, Maisie gave him that nickname. J and I were so confused when she called him that the first time."

Klara laughed but soon her smile faded. "I wish I would have been there to see all this...," she muttered under her breath and Sienna sighed. She walked over to her friend and stroked her arm. "I'm gonna tell you everything you want to know and then you'll feel like as if you weren't even gone," she said and smiled at the young girl. Klara returned it. "Thank you. All of this really means a lot to me."

"I know," Sienna said and then turned the lights off so that Maisie could finally sleep. Both girls then left the nursery and returned to the living room where J and Frost still waited. Her boyfriend got up from the couch as soon as he saw both of them and stared daggers at Klara, obviously being mad as hell. "I don't want her here," he growled and glared at the young girl with hatred. "Get the fuck out of my house!"

"J, relax," Sienna said with a calm voice and walked over to him. J looked intensely into her eyes, letting out another growl. "I mean it, doll. I couldn't care less about the girl who shared a bed with the murderer of our baby. She can be glad that I haven't killed her yet," he hissed and gave Klara another murderous glare. Before Sienna could even reply anything, he turned on his heels and slammed the bedroom door shut behind him.

Sienna let out a sigh. "I'm sorry," she said, looking at Klara. "I'll talk to him about this."

Klara just nodded her head, welcoming the feeling of Frost's arms who had pulled her close to his chest. "Maybe we should all go to bed now," the henchman said and both girls agreed. "Yeah, we'll see each other tomorrow. Have a good night," Sienna replied and smiled slightly at both of them before she entered the bedroom, joining her boyfriend in bed just a few minutes later. He was currently facing her with his back, insisting to be stubborn but Sienna wasn't in the mood for him acting like that right now. She scooted closer to him and ran her hand down his bare back. "Talk to me, baby," she said quietly and heard him letting out a low growl.

"Why is that brat suddenly your bestie again?," he asked, sounding very pissed off. "She left you, didn't respond to your messages and slept with the man who sent us through hell. I don't understand how you can forgive her."

Sienna raised her head. "Look at me."

J growled again but turned around, facing her now. Sienna locked eyes with him and let out a sigh. "Klara isn't the one who killed our child, baby. She didn't even know about Griggs and that's why I can't blame her for this. And even though I was mad at first that she left without saying goodbye, I can understand her now. She was just hurt and wanted to forget. Klara is still young, J. She let herself be fooled by emotions without thinking about the consequences. And that doesn't make me hate her. It makes me realize that she's only human."