chapter 27

Joker's POV

After a restless night he woke up the next morning alone in bed. J growled and rubbed his eyes as he got up, pulling on his sweatpants. He hasn't slept much the last night because his mind had kept him occupied with murderous killing methods that would meet the man who was responsible for his Queen's despair and his child's death. J would do anything to find this Griggs and to make him pay for what he did to him and Sienna.

"Morning, handsome," he heard his girlfriend say as he entered the kitchen. A hot cup of coffee already awaited him as he walked over to her. J noticed that she tried to give him a small smile but failed miserably. He knew that she was still thinking about yesterday night.

"Morning, doll," he said and pecked her on the lips before he took a sip of his coffee. "How are ya feeling?"

Sienna shrugged her shoulders. "Did you hear something from Frost?"

J checked his phone and then shook his head. She let out a sigh and glanced to the front door of the penthouse. "I hope he finds her..."

He didn't respond. J wasn't interested in the well-being of the girl. He just wanted his right hand to return so that they could focus on finding this bastard called Griggs. J was sure that he and his Queen would never move on until the man got what he deserved: A painful and horrendous death that would show all of J's other enemies that no one should mess with the King and Queen of Gotham City.

A sudden knock at the door interrupted his thoughts.

Frost entered the penthouse and Sienna immediately ran over to him.

"Where is she?," she asked, looking behind him. But Klara was nowhere to be seen. Frost hadn't brought her with him.

Well, J would certainly not protect the henchman from his Queen's wrath.

"I'm sorry, Sienna," Frost apologized and looked at her. "I couldn't find her..."

She let out a sharp breath and her worried face didn't go unnoticed by Frost. "But I'm sure she's fine. I mean, she already had fun yesterday! She's more than able to take care of herself."

Sienna narrowed her eyes at him. Oh, J knew this look. She was mad now.

Very mad.

"What do you want to say?," she asked but everyone who knew her well enough noticed the dangerous tone in her usually soft voice.

"I just think that Klara didn't even mean her love confession towards me. I heard her fucking this dude from the club which means she already moved on after 24 hours. Excuse me, but I just can't take her I love you seriously anymore—"

He didn't have time to finish his sentence.

Sienna had already slapped him across the face again to make him shut up.

J chuckled.

"YOU DON'T KNOW A SINGLE THING ABOUT LOVE, DO YOU?," she yelled and stared daggers at Frost. "KLARA WAS A CRYING MESS AFTER YOU LEFT HER! NOT ONLY DID YOU BREAK HER HEART, YOU ALSO LEFT HER IN THE ARMS OF THIS MAN!"

J looked up at her words, cornering Frost now. "Two things, Frosty," he said and held two fingers into his face. "First, how dare you to have an affair behind my back with another employee?"

His right hand gulped. "We knew each other from our past and it just happened as we started to work together...," he explained and J growled. "How inconvenient. I'll not let this slide but the second thing is more important right now. So listen up!"

Frost straightened his back and looked at him.

J flashed him a wide smile. "Bring the car around. We're going for a drive."