Chapter 51

Joker's POV

"Done," he said and grinned at his girlfriend. Sienna looked at her arm and a wide smile formed on her lips. She had asked him few days ago to tattoo her so that the scar your doll is broken wouldn't be seen anymore. His Queen didn't want to be reminded of that time in her life and J was glad when she had asked him to make her a new tattoo.

"It's beautiful, baby," she said and smiled at him. "Thank you."

The scar was completely gone now and replaced in black ink by the words:

Maisie Elizabeth

07/10/2016

2:20am

"Yeah, I did a great job, didn't I?," he grinned and took care of the freshly new tattoo before Sienna got up from her seat to walk over to Maisie's room. Their daughter seemed to have woken up from her nap because her loud cries echoed through the whole penthouse.

A sudden knock at the front door made J get up as well and he slowly walked over to it, opening it quickly. His eyes widened in surprise as he noticed his right hand standing there, a Christmas tree thrown over his shoulder. "What the hell—"

But J was cut off as Sienna's voice could be heard from behind him. "Oh, perfect timing, Frost! Come in," she said with a smile while carrying Maisie in her arms. The little one was now eleven weeks old and grinning every time whenever an adult smiled at her first.

"What's that?," J asked as Frost passed him and entered the penthouse. Sienna looked at him, a bit confused. "That's a Christmas tree, baby."

"I know, doll. But why is it here?"

"Because it's Christmas tomorrow, J", she said.

"But we never had one before," he replied, squinting his eyes at the tree.

Sienna rolled her eyes. "I know that but we're gonna celebrate Christmas differently this year." She looked at Maisie in her arms and J understood. His Queen did all of this for their daughter because she never had the chance to experience such festivities in her own childhood.

J sighed. "But it's just a stupid plant, doll."

Sienna gave him a look. "You can trust me that we're gonna make it look beautiful in the end," she said and he raised his non existent eyebrows. "We?!"

"You're not helping?," she asked.

J scoffed. "No, never."

"Fine," Sienna hissed and joined Frost in the living room where the henchman had already started to build up the tree.

J leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms over his chest while he watched them starting to decorate the Christmas tree. "Here," his Queen suddenly said and turned around to him. "You can at least hold her then." She put their daughter into his arms before turning her attention back to his right and the stupid tree.

J looked down at Maisie and grinned. She immediately smiled back at him and tried to touch his face with her small hands. He was glad that she still had his eyes, even though he knew that could change later. But J hoped that his daughter would keep his eye color because she already looked so much like her mother and he wanted to see himself in her as well.

Ever since J had started to take care of her, she got used to him even more and he knew that Maisie felt comfortable in his presence. J was also determined to teach his daughter her first word that had to be Daddy of course. He told her who he was every day so that she could remember his words better and would be able to call him Daddy as soon as she would try to speak on her own for the first time.