Chapter 42

Klara's POV

It was her birthday but she didn't expect something huge. She never really had someone with whom she could've celebrated her birthday, till now.

Klara smiled as she came into the kitchen this morning, the smell of fresh pancakes was tickling inside of her nose and she couldn't believe what she saw there. Griggs had prepared a whole breakfast out of pancakes, cake and some of her favorite cookies. She was a sucker for chocolate and other candy stuff and this made her heart jump higher in every possible way.

"Happy Birthday, baby" he said kissing and spinning her around as he recognized her standing in the doorframe with a big smile on her face. She squeaked and wrapped her legs around his waist, responding his kiss immediately. "Thank you! I thought you were already at work" she said.

"I told them I'm busy today" he answered grinning at her.

"Aw! And you did all of this just for me?" she asked.

"Of course. Only the best for my little lady."

"Wow ..." she said as she saw the cake. It was made out of almond cream (her favorite) and a big pink twenty was stuck into it.

"I hope it tastes good I bought it in the bakery, you know my baking skills and I didn't want to ruin your day" he said.

Klara laughed. "Aww, I'm sure it's great. Come on let's eat I'm starving!"

A few pieces of cake later Klara opened up the presents that Griggs also bought for her and she nearly choked on a cookie as she saw the beautiful black dress that he got her. "Oh my god, baby that's beautiful." The fabric was soft and light, as if it wouldn't even exist on her skin. "Thank you" she said and kissed him.

"You like it?" he grinned letting her sit down on his lap.

"I love it" she purred.

"How about you try it on and let me rip it from your body together with the new lingerie?" he asked what made her giggle.

"Then go ahead and carry me to the bedroom you strong man" she whispered.

"Whatever my birthday girl wants."

Frost's POV

It was a day like everyone else past the last months, Mr J was out for business and Frost had to take care of Sienna. She was at another ultrasound at the moment, while Frost was waiting for her in the hallway. But something about this day was even more painful than the last one's he had experienced since Klara disappeared.

It was the 8th of September, her birthday.

Some people would say he should've been used to it by now, that he had to move on without her but he couldn't. It didn't get better with the time that passed by, it just got worse. The pain of missing her and wanting her back intensified with every new day, with every hour, every minute, every second. It felt like his body was constantly suffering from infernal agony. Usually he spent his time with working against those feelings, since she was gone but nothing seemed to help anymore. She was on his mind no matter where he was going, no matter what he was doing, even now, everything seemed to remind him of her.

His silent thoughts were only interrupted by Sienna leaving from the doctor's ultrasound. "Everything alright?" he asked her.

She looked absolutely pregnant by now and there was only one month left till she would give birth to her daughter. "Yes. I'm just so nervous now. Even though I've read a hundred books about pregnancy and birth I still don't feel ready..." Sienna answered him.

"I think you'll never feel ready for this" Frost responded.

"Oh, thanks" Sienna said sarcastically as both of them took the elevator upstairs to the penthouse. Frost fell into silence again, thinking what Klara was probably doing right now, but as soon as he was thinking about her new boyfriend who would for sure be at her side on her birthday he started to get rid of this thought again. Instead he tried to imagine how it would be to celebrate her birthday if she would be here now.