Chapter 33

2 months later

Sienna's POV

She just came home from another ultrasound. Her baby had the size of an avocado now and her baby bump also started to get a bit bigger. The doctor had told her that everything was perfectly fine and Sienna couldn't have been more relived. She was 16 weeks pregnant now and even though she felt very good, she couldn't help but be sad today.

Her first child had died after four months.

All because of this monster called Griggs.

Sienna was happy about her new pregnancy but she also couldn't forget what had happened to her first baby. And she would certainly never forgive this man.

J was currently working on finding the asshole who killed their unborn child. She had noticed how late he came home lately and how busy he was since a few weeks now. But J wasn't the only one who was particularly drowning in work.

Frost also seemed to work too much.

He was constantly tired and wore his sunglasses more often than usual, probably to hide his tired and red eyes.

Just like now.

Sienna met Frost in the hallway of the penthouse. It looked like he was just about to leave but her arrival made him stop. "How was it?," he asked and she knew that he meant her appointment with the doctor. "The baby is fine. She said everything is progressing quite well," replied Sienna and Frost nodded his head. "That's good to hear."

"Yes, I'm pretty relived," she muttered but Frost could still hear her. His mouth opened a bit and he took his sunglasses off, looking at her.

Finally, she thought, this was so much better.

Sienna had been right. He indeed looked tired like hell but she didn't comment his look on purpose. She wouldn't want that either...

"I'm sorry," Frost said. "But I'm sure you'll be both fine till the end."

She was surprised that he indeed remembered her miscarriage. "Thank you," Sienna said and gave him a small smile. "But I want you to be fine as well. Is there something I can do?"

Frost looked at her, totally perplexed. Sienna figured that he didn't expect her to say that. But she really wanted for him to feel better. There was nothing they could do about Klara's disappearance and they had to move on. It was a lot easier for Sienna though because she had plenty of things to keep herself occupied with but she knew that Frost had a harder time to let go of Klara. That was the reason why he started to work more than usual.

"No, thank you," he said. "I'm actually leaving the city tomorrow. Mr J wants me to take care of some guy who seems to expand his territory."

"Oh, okay," she said, nodding her head. "Be careful."

Frost smiled slightly. "I will."

Then he left the penthouse.

~*~

Joker's POV

He was sitting at his table in his office, looking at the screen of the laptop that the Black Shadow had left for him. J was currently going through her files about the criminals of Gotham City. He couldn't deny that he was indeed thankful for her organized order.

Griggs...Griggs...Captain Griggs...

Klara had sorted everything after the first letters of surnames. But J didn't seem to find anything about this man. He wasn't registered in her program.