Chapter 46

Frost's POV

Frost didn't realize how much time already had passed since Sienna's daughter was born. The little one that she'd called Maisie was now six weeks old and Frost meanwhile had a lot of experience as a babysitter when Sienna couldn't take care of her for a few minutes unlike Mr J who was -even though everyone knew how much he loved his little Pumpkin, how he liked to call her- the worst dad ever.

Whenever Maisie woke up in the middle of the night it was always Sienna or Frost who had to take care of her then, because Mr J rather pretended that he was still sleeping. But actually Frost didn't expect something else. His boss was still the Joker after all.

Today was the 24th of November and Frost had already been on his way to the front door to spend the rest of his free hours -which he truly deserved- searching for Klara. He wanted to start at that club outside the city where he had seen her the last time with her jerk of new boyfriend but before Frost could make another step out of the door Sienna intercepted him with little Maisie in her arms. "Frost, wait where are you going?" she asked while Maisie was smiling and pointing at Frost in joy. The little one seemed to like Frost a lot since she saw him nearly every day or night when Mr J had decided to stay in bed again.

She couldn't even speak yet but her face always lightened up when she saw the tall henchman.

"I have some business to do" Frost said.

Usually he would've told her the truth but since Sienna looked so happy with Maisie and everything he didn't want to ruin her mood by saying that he was still searching for his long lost girlfriend. Also the last time they had spoken about Klara, Sienna told him that he had to move on and Frost thought that she must've taken her own advice which was actually meant for him very serious, because since then she had never talked about Klara again.

Much in contrast to Frost, whose mind was still drowning in the memories of her.

"You're not going anywhere Mister, we're celebrating Thanksgiving today" Sienna smiled.

Thanksgiving?

"But we never celebrated Thanksgiving before" Frost responded a little confused.

Sienna looked at him and then at Maisie. "I want her to experience all the family stuff, that I never had the chance to experience. We never celebrated Thanksgiving before because usually it was only J and me going to his club or something. But now I'm a Mum Frost, I have a family to take care of and I want my family to celebrate Thanksgiving, because I am thankful for everything that happened past the last weeks" she explained. "Besides you belong to this family as well, you helped me a lot since the birth of Maisie and I wanted to thank you for that by inviting you to our Thanksgiving dinner."

Frost didn't know what to say at all, he was at loss for words. That Sienna spoke of him belonging to her family as well was even for the not always so emotional henchman very touching.

"Stay, you've worked enough for today" she said while Maisie reached her tiny little hands out for Frost's face to touch his beard. She liked to touch that part of his face the most, because of the scratchy tickling feeling.

"That's very thoughtful of you Sienna but-"

"Shut up, if my Queen says you're staying for dinner, then you'll stay, or I have to shoot you" suddenly Mr J's low and sinister voice sounded from the stairway. "I'm not fond of this idea at all but it's her wish and you can at least do something useful then and help her cooking or something." Sienna rolled her eyes behind Mr J's back. "What he actually wanted to say is-"

"Stay or you're dead, this was an order Frost and I won't repeat it." And with those words Mr J disappeared into the penthouse again.

"Well, looks like we're eating turkey today" Frost smiled at Sienna and letting the little one touch his beard when he was close enough to her so that she could reach it. Maisie laughed like always and Sienna's eyes were lighting up in happiness.