Chapter 30

Frost's POV

A drugstore.

Frost was standing in a drugstore to buy a pregnancy test for his boss' girlfriend.

He really should get more money for what he was doing here.

Frowning the six foot tall henchman stood before the shelf with more than forty different brands of pregnancy tests. Which one should he get her? Ignoring the strange looks he got from several women and old ladies he decided it would be better to call Sienna.

"Yes?" her voice sounded from the other side of the line.

"There are so many brands, Sienna. Which one should I get you?" Frost asked.

"Just get me three different ones" she said.

Great, even better a man who stands at the checkout, paying for three pregnancy tests, he thought sarcastically.

And as soon as he was standing in front of the saleswoman she gifted him the already expected strange look. Gladly he was wearing his sunglasses.

Back at the penthouse Frost handled Sienna the three pregnancy tests. "Thank you. Will you wait here?" she asked.

Frost really didn't feel comfortable with all this but of course he would stay.

"Sure" he said then waiting for Sienna to return from the bathroom after a few minutes, but she didn't make a sound yet. "Are you alright?" Frost asked as soon as he started to worry about her. "Yes just one minute left" Sienna responded. Then Frost heard the alarm sound that Sienna probably set before she did the test but she still didn't respond. "Sienna?" he asked again. "I heard the alarm sound."

A few seconds later the bathroom door opened up and Sienna finally stood in front of Frost but with a facial expression that read several conditions between frustration, sadness and anger. "I'm pregnant and I can't even tell my best friend about it! ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!," she yelled and glared up at him. "SHE DIDN'T LEAVE THE CITY BECAUSE OF ME! BUT NOW SHE'S GONE AND I CAN'T EVEN TELL HER THAT I'M GOING TO BE A MOTHER!" she suddenly yelled at him.

Frost looked down at her before he could bring out a weak: "I know that", as his answer.

He sounded calm like always but deep down in his heart he was at least as damaged as Klara's heart was when he broke it. She was gone for a few weeks now but it already felt like years for him.

"Believe me, I want nothing more than to make that this never happened. But I can't..."

"Doll."

Frost turned around seeing Mr J standing in the doorway, he looked mad as hell. "How much did you hear?" Sienna asked while tears where welling up in her eyes.

"Everything" Mr J growled and Frost already prepared himself for his boss to start shooting at him but nothing happened. Instead Mr J just turned around to leave the room again. "Sienna ..." Frost said trying to seek for some encouraging words but she just ignored him and shut the door of the master bedroom behind her.

She was still mad at him because of Klara ... As if he wasn't mad at himself as well.

All Frost wished was that she would come back but since he read the note she left at her apartment for him, he knew she probably wouldn't come back very soon. If she would ever return ... Looking at the photo that he found at her former home as well he tried to not give into his feelings but it was useless. He missed her too much and meanwhile that feeling was unbearable. He was trying to drown himself into a lot of work since she left but as soon as he was alone with his thoughts again, everything came back into his mind. All the memories he shared with her, all the memories which would forever stay memories now.