Chapter 31

Sienna's POV

"Yes, you are indeed pregnant," confirmed the doctor as she glided the ultrasonic device over Sienna's stomach. "Eight weeks," she added and gave Sienna a wide smile. She returned it and then turned her head to look at her boyfriend. J's blue eyes were glued to the screen and he squinted them. "I can't recognize anything," he said and Sienna rolled her eyes. "Because it's too soon, baby—"

She suddenly returned her attention back to the screen. "The heartbeat," Sienna whispered as she heard the steady rhythm of her baby's heart. The doctor nodded. "Yes and everything is perfectly fine."

Thank god.

Tears of joy started to well up in her eyes but she quickly blinked them away. "Isn't this amazing, J?," Sienna asked and looked at her boyfriend who still listened closely to the little heartbeat of their child. He didn't say anything but Sienna knew from the look on his face that he was mesmerized.

"Do you want me to print the image out?," asked the doctor and Sienna nodded her head. "Yes, that would be lovely." The doctor smiled and went over to the printer. She handed Sienna the picture of her unborn child after she sat up and wiped the lubricant off her stomach.

She smiled as she looked at the ultrasound image. "Look, J! You can definitely see that there's a child in my womb!," she said and gave him the picture. He held it close to his eyes before he looked at her again. "Yeah, and that's kinda creepy, doll," he replied. Sienna glared at him. "That's totally normal, J!"

"You'll see more after 12 weeks," promised the doctor and handed Sienna a piece of paper with her next appointment. "You probably still know all the things you need to consider now."

Her smile faded but she nodded. "Yes."

The doctor gave her a comforting smile. "Alright. I'll see you soon." She extended her hand and Sienna shook it, thanking her before leaving the room with J. She hooked her arm through his and smiled up at him, not being able to hide her excitement. J suddenly stopped dead in his tracks and looked at her. He let out a sigh. "Are you not worried?"

Sienna let go of him. "Of course! But I won't let my fear control me," she said and continued to make her way back to the penthouse. J followed her into the elevator that would take them both upstairs and soon they were entering their beloved home.

J disappeared straight into his office because he had business to do and Sienna walked into the living room where she noticed Frost sitting on the large couch. He faced her with his back and she made her way over to him, looking over his shoulder because he held something in his hands. Sienna's heart sank as she realized that he looked at a photo of him and Klara. He really seemed to miss her.

Even though she was still mad at Frost for being responsible for Klara's disappearance, she couldn't stand seeing him like this. Sienna knew that he was heartbroken, just like she was. And therefore she understood how he must feel right now.

She walked around the couch and took a seat beside him. Frost quickly put the photo back into his suit jacket as he noticed her and turned his head to look at her. "Is everything alright?," he asked and pointed at her belly.

Sienna nodded. "Yes, we even heard the heartbeat!"

Frost gave her a slight smile. "And what would you prefer? A boy or girl?"

"That doesn't matter. I just want my baby to be healthy," she said and he nodded his head.

Sienna sighed. "I saw you looking at the photo."

Frost tensed up at her words but didn't deny it. "I found it when Mr J and I went to her apartment. It's the only thing I have that reminds me of her." His voice was quiet and calm but Sienna felt that he was probably screaming inside. She watched him closely before it suddenly hit her. "Why did you lie to Klara?"