Chapter 65

Sienna's POV

Sienna put Maisie into her highchair, preparing her bottle. She rattled off a sentence of gibberish while looking at her mother. Sienna looked over her shoulder, smiling at her daughter lovingly. "Yes, I agree, sweetie. Daddy works too much these days," she said and gave Maisie her bottle. The little one pointed at it excitedly. "Baubau," she mumbled, wrapping her small hands around the milk bottle. Sienna smiled at her. "Yes, that's your bottle," she explained while Maisie started to drink.

Her doctor had told her that it was important to always talk to her daughter because having conversations with her was a great way to encourage her language and listening skills. Maisie could only use the words Mummy, Daddy and tree by now but she would soon start to try new ones, according to the doctor.

Her daughter was also able to sit confidently now and started to pick up speed while crawling on her hands and knees. She was scooting around the penthouse effortlessly and even stood up for the first time all on her own just yesterday. Sienna knew that Maisie would soon try to take her first steps without any help but before that could happen, she still supported her small body and guided her on her tiny feet.

Maisie mumbled something else and then threw the empty milk bottle on the ground. Sienna knew that her daughter didn't do that do annoy her but was rather mesmerized by the bottle hitting the ground and her mother picking it up again. As she did that, Maisie started to giggle and pointed at the bottle in Sienna's hands again. "Baubau."

"Bottle," corrected her mother, looking at Maisie with a smile on her face. The little one smiled back at her and then lifted her arms which meant that she wanted to get out of her highchair. Sienna put the empty bottle aside and picked her daughter up before putting her on the ground again. She immediately started to crawl into the living room where her toys still lay on her favorite blanket. Maisie crawled so fast now that it was sometimes difficult for Sienna to catch up with her. She didn't want to let her daughter out of sight when she was crawling around the penthouse because she might still hurt herself somewhere.

Therefore Sienna followed Maisie into the living room, watching over her as she started to play with her toys. Just as she was about to join her daughter on the ground, a knock at the door interrupted her intention. Sienna saw J coming out of his office and opening the front door, letting Frost in who carried his laptop under his arm.

Maisie looked up at the noise and her little face lightened up in happiness as she noticed her father and his right hand entering the room. She crawled towards J and pulled on his legs to get up to a standing position. He helped her a bit and took her small hands in his to support her on her still shaky feet. "Daddy is busy right now, Pumpkin. But I'll play with you later, alright?," J said and stroked Maisie's cheek before returning his attention back to the henchman. "What do you have for me, Frosty?"

Frost cleared his throat. "Oliver gave me the footage of the security cameras that show Klara and Griggs. I thought you would want to take a look," he explained and J and Sienna shared a look. There was no need to exchange words.

Sienna walked over to J and took Maisie's hands, leading her back to her blanket. "Sweetie, I need you to stay here for a while. I'll be right back," she said softly and handed Maisie some of her toys that should keep her occupied for a bit. Her daughter instantly focused on them, having a concentrated look on her face as she looked through one of her books.

Sienna gave her one last smile before turning back to J and Frost again who were now sitting in front of the laptop, looking at the screen with their eyebrows furrowed. She joined them and took a seat beside her boyfriend. "Have you seen it?," she asked the henchman who then looked at her. "Not everything," he replied and then clicked the play button.