Chapter 78

Frost's POV

The streetlights were gleaming all around the city, making the snow to their feet glistening while Frost and Klara were on their way to her apartment. Both would celebrate Christmas there this year and Frost couldn't be happier about it. Spending Christmas with Klara was something he was wishing for the most for a long time now and today it would finally take place.

Trudging through the snow with a big Christmas tree in Frost's right hand that he was dragging along the sidewalk he looked at Klara who was holding his left hand while they made their way up to her old apartment. Big snowflakes were landing in her cherry red curls, which matched perfectly with the white coat she was wearing: She looked absolutely gorgeous.

And finally she was all his.

Frost remembered the last Christmas when he put a tree just like the one he was dragging after him now into her apartment, decorating everything and placing her little present under the tree, wishing that she would come back soon.

"Are you alright?" he asked after Klara stood in front of the apartment that she had left with everyone she knew one and a half years ago. "Yes it's just ... it feels like an eternity since I have been here the last time" she whispered.

"I have been here a lot the last months ..." Frost admitted what made Klara look up to him in surprise. "Really?" she asked.

"Yes ... I just came here and take a quick look, sometimes hoping I would open the door and you would be back but ... well, I always ended up walking outta here alone again" Frost muttered. "Last Christmas I came here as well, I decorated your living room and put a Christmas tree in it ... I thought something like a Christmas wonder might happen and ... forget it, I'm sorry I just got very sentimental during this time."

"Oh baby ..." Klara said with tears in her eyes and got on her tiptoes to kiss him. "I love you so much."

Klara's POV

As Klara turned the lights in her old home on she was close to crying again – as if she hadn't cried enough lately, she thought sarcastically – as she saw what Frost had done one year ago.

The Christmas tree he had put into the living room hadn't any needles left and it really didn't look that fresh anymore but the decoration and everything still looked as if it had been just yesterday. Beautiful colorful lights were adorning the windows and the whole rest of the room while little reindeer figures and a stout little Santa Clause stood on the windowsill.

"Oh my god, and you did all of this alone?" Klara asked.

"Yes since I hadn't something better to do ..." Frost smiled sadly.

"It's so beautiful" she whispered while she was entering the room further.

"I'm so glad you finally got to see this."

"Me too ..." Klara whispered.

"Well then, how about we get rid of this ugly skeleton over there and decorate the new tree?" Frost smiled at her, making his way up to the old tree that was standing in the middle of the living room area. He looked under the tree to check if there were any lights which they had to remove first, then he put something like a little present in his jacket pocket – probably one of those tiny decorating presents, that were usually made out of Styrofoam – before he introduced Klara how they could undecorate the old tree and put the new one in place.

Klara had never laughed so much in one single hour since a long time, building up that tree together was pure fun and whilst laughing with each other and making fun out of the other one's decoration style Klara realized how much of a couple they finally were.