Chapter 79

Joker's POV

A few weeks after Christmas and the other festivities such as New Year's Eve that J had spent with his family, he was finally working again and attending a business meeting with two new potential business partners at his club tonight. The men he was going to meet up with were very popular weapon dealers who just came back to Gotham after selling their weapons all around the world.

"Doll," J growled, waiting impatiently in the hallway. "Hurry up, I don't wanna be late."

J wanted his Queen to accompany him because this was a very important business deal for him and he also trusted her judgement when it came to his work. But Sienna was really taking her time right now with saying goodbye to their daughter.

"We'll be back soon," she said and then kissed Maisie on the cheek. The little one was currently held by Klara and J didn't like the idea of leaving his Pumpkin with her. That was why he had insisted that Frost stayed at the penthouse as well, watching over everything and especially keeping a close eye on Maisie. Sienna actually thought it would be okay for Frost to accompany them to the club and leave Maisie with Klara alone but J had been totally against this idea because he still didn't trust the young girl yet.

"Frost, you know the rules. Call me when something's wrong," his Queen said and the henchman nodded, slightly smiling at her. "Of course," he replied and Sienna waved at Maisie one more time before turning to J who helped her to put on her coat. Their daughter immediately started to cry at the sight of her parents leaving the penthouse. She never liked it when Sienna and J left her completely alone because usually one of them was always with her.

"Aw, don't cry, sweetie," Sienna hummed and smiled at Maisie, trying to comfort her. "Tree and Auntie Klara will stay with you so you won't be alone. Mummy and Daddy are coming back later, alright?"

Maisie had stopped crying as her mother started talking to her but she still wasn't happy with both of them leaving her. Klara tightened the grip on the little one because she started to struggle in her arms. She wanted to run over to her parents to keep them from leaving and J could see on his girlfriend's face that she hated to see their daughter like this but Maisie had to get used to them leaving the penthouse from time to time.

"Let's go," J said and opened the door, hating the sound of his daughter's crying voice as well. Sienna followed close behind him and soon they were sitting in his purple Lamborghini, driving through the streets of Gotham City and straight to the club.

They arrived just a few minutes later and J parked his car, getting out of the Lamborghini quickly. Sienna did the same and then both of them entered his club, already being greeted with a slight bow of two of J's henchmen who were guarding the entrance of the nightclub.

"They're already here, boss," Tommy informed J and he shortly nodded, gesturing for Sienna to follow him. She quickly took off her coat and handed it to Tommy before joining J in the VIP section of the club, sitting down beside him. "Bring us our drinks," he said to one of the waitresses that just passed their table and the young woman nodded her head, going over to the bar.

"Mr J wants to see you now," they heard Tommy's voice saying and just a few seconds later two tall men were entering the private section, nodding into J's direction. "Mr J," they addressed him formerly before sitting down in front of him and his Queen. "Our name's are—"

"I know who you are," J cut one of them off and grinned.

The men exchanged a look and then turned back to the Joker, nodding their heads. "Let's get down to business then. What can you offer us?"

"Me?," J asked, raising his non existent eyebrows. "Wrong question, fellas. The question is what you can offer me," he corrected them, looking at them both intensely. The men shifted in their seats. "Well, I think you know what we're dealing with," the black haired one said and handed J some documents over the table. He scanned the piece of paper quickly and was just about to say something as Sienna's phone suddenly started to ring.