Chapter 60

Frost's POV

It was a usual day for Frost. He had to do the usual business stuff for Mr J and whenever he had a free minute he was progressing with his search for Klara. Meanwhile he could contain the area in which Klara was probably living, since all the locations in which he had seen her weren't far away from each other. She was possibly living on the south side of Chicago but Frost hadn't much time to deepen his newest information because Mr J had called every single one of his henchmen to a business meeting.

Such events were rare and Frost guessed that something really important must've happened if Mr J was putting so much effort in calling everyone on his team to come over.

The meeting room was filled with good twenty men when Frost entered the room and there were still some coming. Mr J was sitting on his office table looking utterly dangerous like always but something behind his eyes told Frost that this was a new kind of dangerous. After all those years working for the Joker Frost had never seen him this concentrated, as if he wasn't just planning any heist or another little killing spree. This was different, something about his whole presence was different this time.

"Is everyone here now?" he asked into the round mildly annoyed. That was one of the reasons why this sort of meetings rarely took place. Mr J couldn't stand the people who were always coming too late and usually they all ended up dead in the end for letting the big boss wait.

A few murmurs of agreement were echoing through the room but suddenly the office door was opened again and a middle height guy with messy brown hair stumbled into the room as well. His name was Ross. "I'm sorry boss I-"

Ross couldn't speak further. Mr J executed him right in the place with a gunshot through his heart.

"I guess we're complete now" he said rolling his eyes and after those words the whole room fell silent again.

"I let you come today because I want you to do something for me. Something special. This is not a heist or a new plan against good old Batsy, this is deeper and way more personal for me. I want all of you to search for this man." Mr J showed them a photo of a tall man with brown hair, a brown beard and brown eyes and Frost nearly seemed to choke on the next breath of air he took. It was Klara's asshole boyfriend.

"His name is Griggs. He was once an Arkham security guard and he did something to me that I can't forgive easily" Mr J growled and his voice sounded even creepier now. He seemed so full of rage.

"Boss?" some goon in the last row asked.

"What?" Mr J snapped back at him.

"May I ask you what he did?"

"That's none of your business, Pauli. Your goal if you don't want me to kill off all of ya is to find that bastard and tell me where he is hiding."

A simultaneous nod was going through the row of henchmen but this time Frost actually agreed with Pauli about asking Mr J why they were chasing Griggs.

Griggs ... that even sounded like a prick, Frost thought, thinking about Klara again. Hopefully she was alright ...

Mr J didn't seem to have a non relevant reason to chase that bastard.

"He had been seen a lot lately outside of this city but I lost track of him a while ago. Now be some good boys and FIND THAT FUCKER!" Mr J spitted out so that everyone in the room was flinching a tad. "Yes boss" the henchmen said.

"Good, you can go now. I'll sent you all the information you need. I'll be awaiting your proceedings every four hours. And don't even dare to tell me just something! I want that man alive! AND I WANT TO BE THE ONE WHO KILLS HIM SO NO WRONG MOVES ALRIGHT?"