Chapter 53

Sienna's POV

The days after Christmas were just as wonderful as the Christmas morning when Maisie had rolled the first time on her tummy. She was now trying to do it more often and Sienna couldn't have been more proud of her daughter. It was always great to watch Maisie taking another step in her development.

"Are you ready, doll?," she heard J asking behind her and turned around. "What?"

Her boyfriend just pulled his purple croc coat over his shoulder. "It's New Year's Eve which means we're going to the club. Cmon, baby. I don't wanna be late."

Sienna motioned to Maisie in her arms. "What about her? We won't take her with us."

J shook his head. "No, of course not. I'm gonna call Frost to come over." Just as he was about to dial the henchman's number, Sienna interrupted him. "But he isn't even in the city tonight."

J raised his hairless eyebrows and looked at her. "What?," he asked and let out a growl. Sienna suddenly noticed that Frost hadn't told J about his plans. "Well, he said to me that he had to leave Gotham because of some business he has to take care of for you," she explained and J balled his hands into fists. "What the fuck?! I didn't say that!"

He was clearly furious.

J then tried to call his right hand but hung up just a few seconds later. "That bastard doesn't pick up," he growled and looked like as if he wanted to kill Frost more than anything right now. "Calm down, baby," Sienna said with a calm voice. "This is clearly a misunderstanding."

"I'm gonna make him regret that," he said dangerously and quickly texted Frost before looking at Sienna again. "What now? Should I ask one of the other henchmen to watch her?," he asked, looking at Maisie who immediately smiled back at him. A small smile formed on J's lips as well and it warmed Sienna's heart that their daughter was always able to make him relax a bit.

"No," she said. "I don't trust them with Maisie."

J sighed and took off his coat again. "We never stayed home on this day before," he said with a displeased look on his face. Sienna walked over to him and pecked his lips. "There's a first time for everything, baby," she said and smiled up at him. "Besides," she whispered seductively and ran one hand down his chest. "I'm gonna put Maisie to sleep soon and then it's just the two of us."

He purred. "And then what, doll?"

Sienna smirked. "I'm sure you remember our new year's tradition."

Most couples shared a kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve but for the King and Queen of Gotham City was a simple kiss not enough. They wanted each other. They craved each other and they wanted to begin the new year with their favorite activity.

Sienna was relived that Maisie slept for twelve hours now and always just wanted to be fed before she was put to bed and after she woke up. That meant their daughter wouldn't disturb them when they had their adult sleepover.

J licked his lips and then kissed Sienna, resting one hand on her back while the other one suddenly tickled her sides. She let out a laugh and Maisie joined her, giving them both a toothless smile. "Aw, come to Daddy, princess," smiled J and took Maisie into his arms. The little one rested her head in the crook of his neck while she grabbed the collar of his dress shirt.

"Stay just like this!", said Sienna as she took her phone to take a photo of them both. "Perfect," she smiled and immediately changed it to her new lockscreen. As she looked through her other photos, she suddenly found one with her and Klara that they both had taken as Sienna got her memories back. A sudden wave of sadness washed over but that feeling was soon replaced by anger. She was still mad at her former best friend for just leaving the city and never texting or calling her back. Therefore it wasn't hard for Sienna to delete the photo.