Chapter 58

Frost's POV

It was the 18th of June today and Frost was on his way to Gotham City's most expensive restaurant because Mr J and Sienna would celebrate their sixth anniversary tonight.

"May I help you Sir?" the owner of the restaurant asked Frost as soon as he entered the five star location. "Indeed, Mr Duvall. I would like to rent this place tonight for my boss and his girlfriend" Frost answered watching Mr Duvall frowning behind his sunglasses. "I'm sorry, Sir but reservations can only take place two weeks in advance."

"I'm sure you can still do something for me" Frost said, showing of his gun a tad as he leaned closer to the two head smaller man. "Don't scream, don't try to call for help. Mr J wouldn't appreciate your behavior."

"M-Mr J?" Mr Duvall stuttered in fear.

"Yes like I said, he and his Queen would like to rent the whole place for tonight and I guess you don't wanna disappoint the King and Queen of Gotham City, do you?"

"N-no o-of course n-not" Mr Duvall said and looked Frost straight into the eyes with a shaking voice. "So? What can you do for me?" Frost asked again.

"I'll make space for them, they will have the restaurant all for themselves."

"Very generous of you, Mr Duvall. They will take their places at seven and just for the record it wouldn't be very wise of you to try to call Batman or someone else who might help you out of this situation and I can tell you, if you're doing your job good, you don't have to fear anything."

Mr Duvall nodded his head and handed Frost a little reservation mark. "Tell Mr J everything will be perfectly fine when he appears here."

"Oh I'm sure about that" Frost said, letting his gun slide back into his suit pocket and took a last look at the location. Everything here was pure romantic; this was also a place that Klara would've loved.

A sudden picture of him and Klara appeared in his mind. She was wearing a white dress, sitting at one of the tables while he was kneeling in front of her, dressed in a black suit, holding the beautiful silver ring in his hand, just about to ask if she wanted to marry him.

The pain was real again and he cursed himself on the inside for never going with her to a place like this, all they had since they knew each other was sex and a few intimate moments. He felt horrible whilst thinking about that they actually never had a real relationship even though he knew that Klara would've wanted that after she said I love you.

God damn he really had to find her, he had to tell her his true feelings and he had to make up for everything they missed out. She deserved this after he left her in the moment she wanted him the most.

As Frost left the restaurant he tried to refresh his mind first before going back to the penthouse where Mr J already awaited him with Maisie in his arms. Frost knew that he would have to babysit her again, while his boss and Sienna would be out celebrating their anniversary.

"And?" Mr J asked as soon as Frost had entered the hallway.

"Everything's set up boss, I'm sure you will have a great evening" Frost responded whilst a wide grin was forming onto Mr J's face, before he gave him Maisie right away. "Perfect, good work Frost."

Maisie meanwhile squeaked in joy as her Dad handed her to Frost. She immediately started to touch his beard and laugh.

Frost smiled down at the little one in his arms, following Mr J's instructions like always when the King of Gotham was leaving his daughter alone. Frost had to endure the usual threats like: If she only gets a scratch Mr J would kill him, but that was nothing new to his right henchman.