Practicing

Justin’s POV:

Alfredo and I had just gotten back from the NRJ Awards in France and were out to dinner. ”I still can’t believe it.” I sighed, taking a bite of my sandwich. I had one Artist of the Year and I was over the moon.

“I know! Why the hell did they pick you?” Alfredo joked as I hit him in the stomach. He yelled in fake pain as a couple at the next table looked at us.

“‘Cuz I just have major swag!” I laughed. I pulled out my phone and retweeted the news that I had one. I had a huge smile on my face as I looked at my mentions.

“@justinbieber congrats on the award! Follow? #iloveyou”

“@justinbieber Cant wait for #believe :)”

“@justinbieber I LOVE YOU.  Congrats on the award!! #NeverSayNever”

“@justinbieber I can’t wait till the day you follow me! #believe” <3

I scrolled through pages of sweet tweets, along with some hate, but I didn’t even care. I followed some people as my phone vibrated. Alfredo was checking out a french waitress as I tapped him on the shoulder. ”Sel’s calling, I’ll be back; and pick up your jaw of the floor.”

I laughed as he rolled my eyes at me, his face getting red. I hit accept as I walked to the lobby. I smiled as I answered the phone, “Bonjour!”

“Congrats, babe!”

“How’d you hear?” I smiled, leaning against the marble wall.

“Ashley told me. She was watching the livestream backstage.” she pouted while adding, “I wish I could have watched.” 

“Nah, you kicked ass out there.” I laughed “As usual. And anyways I looked like a complete fail of a canadian.”

“Whatd’ya mean?” she asked as I filled her in. “The translator wasn’t working and I didn’t understand what he was telling me in French. Everyone probably thought I was stupid.” I moped.

“They did not. Don’t be so hard on yourself, love.” she sighed. We continued to talk about France, especially the fancy restaurant I was at. “You know, I love France but it’s definitely not the same without you.”

“Aww. Well I usually bring the party with me.” she joked as we both laughed.

 I smiled at him as Selena told me about her concert. “It was literally the best crowd I’ve ever had. And one of them even had a ‘Jelena’ poster.” I could tell in her voice that she was smiling. I laughed,

“Awesome!”

“I know right?” she giggled. “I miss France.”

“Me too. We had a really good time there, didn’t we?” I asked, running a hand through my recently died dark hair. “Yeah, we did. I always have a good time with you.” she responded.

“Agreed, but my favorite place we spend time together is the bedroom.” I smirked, waiting for her reaction.

“You horny child!” Selena replied as she tried to keep a scolding voice, but broke out in laughter.

“You know what I like the most about when we hang out?” I asked. “Tell me.” she replied.

“I like how we can go anywhere, do anything, and be completely happy. Watching movies, getting ice cream, award shows, renting out staples center…” I trailed off. “I don’t need to go to islands all the time to have fun; I just need you.” I added.

“You’re cute.” she giggled.

“I’m sexy and I know it.” I joked. Just then, a man walked out of the bathroom and did a double take. I kept myself from laughing, realizing that he had heard my “bragging.”

“Well, I’ll let you eat. Enjoy la ville de l’amour.” she said. I was a bit taken back by her use of french.

“You’ve been practicing?” I asked.

“Of course. I want to be able to know what you’re saying when you teach our kids.” I smiled before responding, “Je t’aime. S’il vous plait me promettre que vous aurez jamais l’oublier.”

“Jay I have no idea what you said after Je t’aime; but I love you too.”