Perfect.

Justin couldn’t have asked for more. He had the best job, the best fans and he’d already met the love of his life. Selena nuzzled against him, running her finger lightly up the middle of his abs. He’d grown over their years together, he was taller now with a good amount of lean muscle packed on to his frame. He let out a small laugh and took her hand in his, turning on his side to face her.

Justin thought it was impossible, but she had gotten even more beautiful with each passing day, her womanly features becoming more defined with age. Even after two years, she still took his breath away every time he saw her. Her gorgeous brown eyes peered into his, extending the beautiful smile she saved just for him. That smile that told him she loved him more than anything. That she’d be at his side forever. That she was happy. Her skin, soft and smooth as he slipped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. And her hair, soft and fragrant as she snuggled against his chest and sighed contentedly.

Justin returned to his back, letting Selena use him as a pillow. She loved that; snuggled against her boyfriend, sharing his warmth. Justin loved the feel of her breath on his skin. The steady flow of air in and out. The calming rhythm that had lulled him to sleep so many times.

“Can’t sleep?” Justin murmured, absentmindedly stroking the bare skin of her arm and shoulder.

“Mmmm…not yet.” She whispered, her lips brushing against his chest and tickling him.

“Something on your mind?”

“Ever think things are just too good to be true?” She asked, looking up at him.

He smiled at her. “All the time.”

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled herself up to kiss him, stopping and whispering against his lips, “I hope it stays this way forever.” She closed the distance and locked her lips against his. He wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close. Before he knew it, she was on top of him, kissing him fiercely. She pulled back to take a breath, planting both her hands on his chest and sitting up, giving him a sly grin. “I definitely won’t be able to sleep now and you seem…awake.” She said, shifting on his lower abdomen.

Justin’s face flushed, but he just returned her mischievous smile and reached up, pulling up her blouse slightly as she undid the belt buckle on his pants. He rested his hands on her thighs on either side of his stomach and gently ran his hands up her body, beneath the cotton.

Justin didn’t know how long it had been, time becoming irrelevant in the shared bliss between them. They lay together, skin pressed against skin, moist with sweat. Justin’s breaths falling into Selena’s hair and hers lightly brushing across his chest. He closed his arms around her and held her tight. She smiled and snuggled her head between his chin and shoulder.

“I love you.” She whispered.

“I love you too.” He said, twirling his fingers in her hair with a smile.

She let out a small laugh, muffled against his chest. “I love when you play with my hair.”

“Good, because I love playing with your hair.” He said softly, grinning. “I could just lay like this forever.”

“Me too.” She murmured with a satisfied sigh that tickled him and ruffled her hair. “Everything’s just so…perfect.”

Justin smiled to himself, thinking the same thing. He gave her a gentle squeeze and smiled as he looked down at her just as she looked up at him, giving him that special smile that was only for him. She gave a small yawn, stretching like a cat and returned her head to its place upon his chest. He laid back against the pillow, still smiling as they fell asleep in each others’ arms.

This was perfect.