The Perfect Movie Day

“Yes Man? Stepbrothers? Ramona and Beezus?” Justin questioned as he rummaged through the stack of movies.

“No. No. And Definitely not.” Selena sighed and looked at her best friend “How about a horror, we have tons of those.”

“Only if you don’t get too scared.” he joked, putting the DVD in and pressing play. He jumped onto the couch next to Selena.

“Which one did you put in?” Selena asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Not telling. Just wait and find out.” Justin smirked and covered him and Selena with a blanket.

“You are such a dork.” she giggled as he put the warm blanket over their legs.

“A dork with tons of swag.” Justin reminded her, both of them laughing.

……….

The movie had been playing for more than an hour, and Selena was scared to death.

“Ahhh.” she jumped, covering her face with her hands. Justin looked at his friend and laughed. He was, surprisingly, not as scared as he thought he would be. Selena had removed her hands from her eyes and shifted closer to Justin. She laid her head on his neck, not watching the movie.

Justin could feel her breath on his neck. “Come on, Sel.” he laughed “it’s not that bad!”

“Maybe to you!” Selena stuttered.

He could tell that her hands were shaking in her lap. Without hesitation, he grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers.

……….

The movie ended and the credits were rolling, but neither Justin or Selena moved. Finally he spoke awkwardly, “Well that’s the end.”

“Yeah. Well, umm thank you, Jay.” Selena replied softly.

“For what?” he questioned, still holding her hand. “You know, making me less scared.” Selena said glancing at their intertwined fingers under the blanket.

“Oh right, well no problemo, SelBell.” he replied smoothly. Selena laughed and looked him in the eyes. She had always thought he was cute, but this, this was different. He caught Selena looking at him, and soon they were both staring into eachother’s eyes.

Justin took a chance and started to lean in, not knowing what to expect. Soon after, she leaned in also and their lips where touching. Their lips fit each other perfectly. After a good minute, they pulled away, each of their faces flushed.

“Umm.” Justin said, breathily “that was-“

“Perfect.” she cut him off, her smile as bright as ever before.

“Yeah. Perfect. This. You and I. We are perfect.” Justin chuckled, never once letting go of her hand.