Stupid Homework.

Justin tapped his pencil against his paper in frustration. Why did he have to be so bad at math?

Dropping his pencil onto the textbook, he began muttering profanities about stupid algebraic equations. 

“Ughhh. That’s it. I’m done,” Justin groaned a few minutes later as he shoved his homework off to the side of the desk. Selena looked up from where she was reading on the bed to her irritated boyfriend.

“Done-done, or give-up-done?” Selena let out a sigh at Justin’s tone.

“I’m-not-doing-this-anymore-done,” he said turning sideways in his chair and leaning on the back. Selena rolled his eyes as she moved towards desk, Justin’s eyes following her.

“You’ve only got three more problems. Three can’t be too bad,” she said as she looked at the complex equations.

“You would be surprised, Sel. These problems were assigned by the devil himself. These problems are what the 9th layer of hell is.” He glared at the book. Selena bit back a smile at Justin’s serious pouting face.

“How about this, I promise that I’ll stay the night if you finish.” Selena suggested, looking up from the math book.

“How about we just make out now and forget about the homework completely. I like that idea better.” Justin chuckled.

“Nope, the only way that’s going to happen is if you finish these three little problems.” Selena said, giving him a  hard stare.

“Seriously?” Justin questioned, his tone flat. 

“Yes.” Selena nodded.

“Uggh, fine.” Justin reached for his book and pulled it back in front of him. “But when my head explodes from these problems, you’re going to have to clean it up.”

Selena just chuckled and returned to her spot on the bed.

A few minutes later, Justin groaned again. His girlfriend, who was now laying on her stomach scrolling through her phone, looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

“Need a break?” she suggested, her voice taking on a definite, sweet quality as she stood up.

“Yes,” he answered firmly, pulling his girlfriend onto his lap. “Definitely.”

The first touch of her lips on his was soft, gentle, and he could feel the curve of her smile just before she kissed him properly. His hand slipped just under the hem of her shirt.

His fingers glided over her skin, slowly feathering up her spine, and she pulled from his mouth to draw a shaky breath, eyes still closed. Justin moved forward to capture her lips once more and she raised her hands to cup his jaw. The metal of the promise ring he had given her was cool against his cheek, a contrast from the warmth of her mouth.

After what felt like an hour, she pulled away and attempted to get up. Justin tightened his hold on her and pretended to pout.

“Come on,” she laughed, slowly exiting herself from his grip. “Break’s over.” Standing up, she straightened her shirt and grabbed her phone. “You’ve got homework to do.”

And with that, she sauntered out.