Chapter 5

Students eagerly herded together into the corridors of Hogwarts, still making their way from the express. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and their new friend Coral walked together under the archways of Hogwart's entrance then into the beautiful castle like school. Coral's eyes were sparking with love as she instantly fell for the castle that she would be spending the next four years of her life at. Everything about it drew her in, the most being its mysterious aura that touched her soul. The only thing that was distracting her from such a beautiful sight as this one, was the thought of being sorted into a house. The thought of being sorted into a house truly terrified Coral Wolfrose, as she dreaded what the effects of being sorted into a house such a Slytherin would cause. Her mind began to wonder and question that she were sorted into Slytherin, would her friends drop her and leave her alone? She would be alone just like she was back in the muggle world but worse, stuck living with people she hated.
While her mind was a swarm of foggy clouds, she didn't notice she had stepped foot into a room full of students, and more that were flooding into the great hall. Being awoken from her thoughts, she watched amazed as students took their seats at their house benches.

"Come and sit with me, Coral!" Harry insisted joyfully, pulling her towards the Gryffindor table.

Coral smiled at him and nodded doing as told. Looking around, she began to study all of the new faces around her. Her eyes caught focus on one particular boy who was sitting at the Hufflepuff table, though. She sat studying the rather attractive boy, continuing to stare in awe as he engaged in conversation with his friends.

"Who's that student, over there in the yellow?" She curiously asked Harry, pointing at the particular brown haired boy.

Harry rolled his eyes. "That is Cedric Diggory. Most popular boy in school even though he's a third year, captain of the hufflepuff quidditch team, and best quidditch player at Hogwarts." He grumbled, obviously jealous. "Every girl at Hogwarts is head over heels in love with him. The bad thing, is he knows how good looking he is and how he could date any girl he wanted to."

Her smile quickly faded. If he was attractive, he was popular. If he was popular, the Cedric would want nothing to do with her. It's not like Coral was ugly either, she was just typically an outcast. As you know outcasts and populars don't get along. Especially, they don't date.

Her eyes still were focusing on Cedric Diggory though. However, one of the friends of Cedric, Ernie Macmillan, had quickly noticed the famous witch staring their way. Ernie Macmillan smirked, nodding towards Coral. Cedric turned his head over towards the Gryffindor table and his eyes instantly met with hers. Her cheeks flushed red with embarrassment. Oh god. She could see that he let out a small laugh to his friend and slid down lower into her seat.

Nice going WolfRose, the hottest guy in this school just caught you staring at him like an idiot. Embarrassing.

Conversations of students came to a instant halt as the professors walked up to the front taking their seats. The room was a deadly level of silent.

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts we are pleased to have old and new faces here!" She started, looking around. "Now, we will get all new students sorted into their houses before we begin."

She played around with a note she had in her left hand, scanning down the list quickly. "When I call your names please come fourth and sit in this chair."

"Who's that?" Coral whispered to Harry, eyeballing the older woman down.

"That's Professor Mcgonagall."

"Oh." She whispered, her attention focused towards the talking hat now hanging in her hand. This was the moment I had been been dreading.

"You ready, Coral? I know you'll make it into Gryffindor!" Harry enthusiastically encouraged.