Chapter 39

After a long and tiring week filled with terribly hard exams, grieving of students after the rumors spread around school about Gryffindor's beloved second year Collin Creevey, and full packing for summer break, the last day of school had finally arrived. The air outside was scorching hot and sweat beads dropped off students foreheads the second they stepped outside. The plants outside that grew beautiful from spring began to die from lack of rainfall and the lake outside grew warmer, which meant the giant squid that lived in it would be more active again and would be out to associate with students who dared swim in it.

Students packed into the great hall which would be their last feast meals for a whole three months at Hogwarts, and as for students in their final years this was their goodbyes to their younger year house friends. A feeling of eagerness was shared through Hogwarts, as students were waiting for the teachers to announce who would win this years house cup. The Gemini group was packed in tighter than ever, dreading the minute they'd go home as it would mean they wouldn't see each other for three whole months.

The sound of a knife clinging against a glass chimed through the room, gathering the attention of all students at Hogwarts. Professor Mcgonagall looked around at the students joyfully and then sadly at the students who would not be coming back next year because they would be graduating today.

"Attention!" She called out, giving a faint smile. "As you all know, today is the last school day before summer break and you guys take the train home tonight. I'd just like to say before we begin the house rewards, goodbye to all seventh years and you have been a blessing to have at this school. I wish you all good luck in your careers and future lives. Seventh years, please don't be afraid to stop by and spark up a chat."

The seventh years hooted and cheered, slapping each other on the back.

"I would like to thank the head boy Percy Weasley for his great services this year to this school, and the head girl Samantha Abbot. You will be dearly missed." Professor Mcgonagall finished, managing to hold back a tear in her eye and sat down in her chair.

The entire great hall clapped with pride, except the Slytherins. "Yeah Percy!" Fred and George cheered, throwing a small firework towards him.

Professor Dumbledore stood up to announce what they had all been waiting for, the House cup's.
"In last place, is Gryffindor with two hundred and fifty points."

The Gryffindor students huffed and threw their heads onto the table with disappointment. Fred and George booed, getting a disappointed look from Dumbledore.

"In third place we have hufflepuff, with three hundred and ten points."

The hufflepuff students all shrugged, just happy they didn't get last place.
"Eh, better than last." Cedric said, smirking at his friends.

"In second place we have RavenClaw with three hundred and fifty points!"
The RavenClaw students got up and cheered jumping in the air, this had been the first time they had beat Gryffindor. "Yes!" Sage screamed, pumping his fist in the air.

"And in first place, we have Slytherin with a dashing four hundred points." Dumbledore rolled his eyes along with the rest of the great hall as the Slytherin cheered with victory , and a devious smirk grew on his face.

"I do however, have special reward points for certain individual students for their loyalty, bravery, and courage shown this year during times of need."

"What!?" Pansy Parkinson shrieked, looking angrily at the other houses.

Whisperers flew across the room as they talked about what this could mean.

"Special rewards?" Harry asked pissed off, glaring at Dumbledore. Usually he would be the one getting special rewards. "Who flipped him?"

"Silence!" Dumbledore impatiently screamed, and the whisperers came to a halt. "Now, for a great show of loyalty and braver for saving a friend in time of need and sacrificing himself, Sage Merlin will be rewarded one hundred points."