Chapter 69

With the first task here now, Coral was ever not so ready with the fear of what was to come. She wasn't worried about herself, she was worried about Sage and Harry. She wished she could be there to help Sage with his dragon and calm it with parseltounge. Sage was down in luck for this, but she feared for what the next task could be. Voldemort could come any time now, and she was terrified, along with everyone who knew about his return in the future.
She quickly gathered her wand, and changed into appropriate attire to prepare for the challenge that started in just one hour. Sage and Harry had already left towards the dark forest, where all the students and professors of Hogwarts were to be waiting for the first task to begin. Struggling before she would be late, she quickly slipped on her quidditch boots, which was appropriate attire for this task, and made her way to the arena to meet the other champions.

Come on, you got this. Dragons are the least of your worries right now. She thought to herself, as she hurried down the corridors of Hogwarts and out towards where the arena was located.
~

"Coral! I thought you weren't going to show, you're just five minutes before we get assigned our dragons." Hissed Sage, pulling her towards a huddled circle waiting around Dumbledore and a older man holding a purple bag.

"Glad to see you bothered to show up, Miss Wolfrose." Croaked Dumbledore harshly, eyeballing the fifth year trio with uncertainty. "This is Ludo Bagman, he will be assisting you with the sorting today."

Coral turned towards the older aged man, dangerously eyeballing the bag in his hand which she assumed was the dragons. Which dragon would she get? She hoped she would take the worst so Harry and Sage wouldn't have to. She had this.

"This task is extremely difficult and dangerous and each champion is to retrieve a golden egg from a dragon. Each has their own dragon, chosen by pulling out a miniature dragon model from this purple bag in my hand. Each miniature dragon is marked with a number, indicating the order in which the champions are to be summoned to the task.." Explained Ludo, who was making more room in the circle for everyone to see what was going on. "When I call your name please step forth and pick a dragon out of my bag."

Coral gulped, eyeballing her two best friends with fear. The sound of the audience outside only made her adrenaline pump faster, as she knew her friends would be out there watching her every move. Even her enemies were probably out there dying to see her fail for amusement. Oh the irony.

"Cedric Diggory."

Cedric smirked, a proud and arrogant attitude showing as he stepped towards Ludo to place his hand inside and grab a single dragon.

"Isn't it fun being so close to a death eater?" Coral mockingly whispered to Sage as he laughed in return while they watched the first dragon be pulled out the bag.

"So fun." Sage snickered, earning a smack on the arm by Harry to be quiet out of nerves.

"Dragon # 1, Swedish Short-Snout!" Said Ludo, congratulating the young Hufflepuff boy and sending him out first to compete in the first task. "Please make your way out to the arena."

The second he stepped out, screams were being heard from the crowd, and the trio weren't sure if it was out of fear or excitement. Even though Cedric was a death eater, not many people knew that and he was still relatively popular around school. Coral was sure everyone would be excited to see their favorite Hufflepuff face off a monster exotic dragon. Rolling her eyes, she eagerly waited for the next name to be called while Cedric was out competing. After Fleur and Viktor Krum were given their dragons, it left only the trio left to be assigned.