Chapter 50

Now being another week closer to Slughorn's fall ball, it was Sunday, October 7th. Nearly every student at the school had heard of the upcoming ball on the 14th, and had been working towards getting their dates for it. Most students had gotten their dates already, but fourth years seemed to be having the most trouble since their options were very limited. Since it was Sunday, students had stayed on campus doing things they wished, or were out at Hogsmeade for a weekend drink. It was surprising to see that no fourth years had gone to Hogsmeade this week.

Coral and Cedric were sitting on the common room couch together, watching and listening to the fire place crackle. He had his arm around her, and lucky for them the other students had been elsewhere on campus since they rarely got alone time. It was either that Coral was too busy with quidditch, Sage, school work, or doing things unknown like sneaking around doing who knows what, or that Cedric had been doing quidditch or too bush chatting around with his older Hufflepuff friends and talking with his best friend Ernie. It felt like time was getting less and less that they had free, and being in separate dormitories only made it worse.

"I'm assuming you don't have a date yet, to the fall ball?" Cedric started, staring into the fireplace in front of them. "I would hope you don't have a date!"

"Of course I haven't got a date, Diggory. You haven't asked me." Coral jokingly replied.

"Well let me change that for you then, would you like to go to the fall ball with me?" He sarcastically asked.

"No."

"WHAT?!"

Coral giggled lightly and flashed a mischievous look towards her boyfriend. "I was kidding, of course I'll go with you, pretty boy."

Cedric hung his head low playfully. "Please don't call me pretty boy, I already deal with half of the school calling me that."

"The only one who should be calling you that is me."

"Are you jealous?" Cedric mocked, planting a kiss onto her forehead. "Because if you're jealous I'll just have to fix that." He said, planting more kisses on her face.

"Stop, CED!" She squealed, pushing him away. She gave him a false grouchy look and huffed.

"You don't like my kisses?" Cedric moped, flashing puppy eyes at his girlfriend.

"Baby, stop being so needy."

Cedric rolled his eyes and grabbed her face, kissing her. "I guess..." *kiss* "you won't..." *kiss* "mind if I stop then..." he said, pulling away leaving Coral mad that he stopped. He smirked seeing that she was giving him looks. "What!? You're the one who said stop."

"Well, I regret that now."

Cedric smirked even more, and leaned in again with his hand on her cheek. "I love you." He said laughing, before they ended up having a snogging session on the couch of the common room.

They were so deep into it, that they both didn't even hear a group of Slytherin students enter the common room through the door. Draco Malfoy, who was first to enter nearly gagged when he saw the sight, which to him seemed like they were about ready to shag right there are then. He turned to Pansy who was fuming red, and then Phoenix and Blaise who were a shade of green.

"Now that's disgusting." Pansy whispered, rolling her eyes and running up stairs. Phoenix quickly following her up the stair case. He wanted to go up to his dormitory and change out of his dirty clothes from the quidditch pitch they had all just went to. Draco had been teaching him how to play quidditch so he could be the third chaser on the Slytherin team at the end of October.